If you love the idea of ensuring every Bigleaf customer experiences the full value of Bigleaf, as well as helping define the vision and implementation of a Customer Success program, then this might be the role for you. Welcome to Bigleaf – we keep businesses connected to the cloud. Check out more info on our homepage: http://www.bigleaf.net. With phenomenal growth over the past 3 years, our recent round of Series B growth funding, and a company whose culture is rooted in bringing peace of mind to our customers, we are looking for the right person to formally build our Customer Success plan and team.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and Execution: As a company, we’ve done a great job putting our customers first and our retention rates prove it. That being said, we need help as we scale. We need a designated person to take responsibility for maintaining this customer success that has been so important to us as a company. In this role, you will help us refine our vision of Customer Success, translate that into an Action Plan, and then execute that plan. We’ll leverage your experience and thoughts on “best practices” from your previous roles. You will help us identify the right metrics and tools, we’ll provide the resources, and you’ll bring it all together.
- Retention: You will ensure that we not only maintain our industry-leading customer retention, but get even better. Customer satisfaction and retention has been in our DNA since our inception. However, we need to build process around this strength to ensure that it continues to improve as we scale. You will need to watch our overall retention numbers like a hawk, and dig into each and every “at risk” customer to identify if their concerns are individual or systemic. You’ll analyze each customer loss to identify similarities and trends, then use that data to identify future “at risk” customers and proactively engage them. As these efforts become consistent, you will convert them into coachable process to be leveraged by a future Customer Success Team.
- Referral: No one should be able to sell our services better than our existing customers. We have a phenomenally happy customer base, but they aren’t telling enough people. We need your help fixing that. We need to capture the sentiment that customers feel when they talk to our support team, or our product team, or our accounting team, and convert that into more raving fans and evangelists. We’ll look to you to drive this.
- Upsell: Our Sales team is laser-focused on recruiting and enabling new partners, helping them bring the Bigleaf value to new customers, and scaling our business. However, we have a whole bunch of customers that have growing needs too. We need to create processes and tactics to identify potential upsell opportunities and engage those customers through successful upgrades. To accomplish this, you’ll work directly with our sales team, to identify these opportunities and bringing them to fruition. In the beginning, this will happen through customer conversation and engagements. However, over a period of time, we’ll want to develop a model that can identify these opportunities through metrics and patterns, so we can move more efficiently in delivering the best Bigleaf value.
- Advocate: You will be the voice of the customer. You will be expected to ask for things, and sometimes fight for things, on their behalf. You should have their best interests in mind as we work through challenging situations. You will make their voice heard when it comes to product changes, billing issues, support challenges, and everything else that can come their way. However, you will also have to be comfortable letting them know if/when their request is denied or Bigleaf sees a particular issue in a different light. This will be a tough balancing act between your passion for our customers and your commitment to Bigleaf’s needs and goals. Fortunately, we know this and have charged you with this responsibility, so you have our full support.
- Have a passion for our customers/buyers – Be the expert on our buyers, how they purchase and their purchase criteria; be the expert on our market and key trends impacting our customers/buyers.
- Lead go-to-market campaigns – Partner closely with sales, customer success, marketing, product and executives to build and execute GTM plans.
- Craft engaging stories – uniquely position and message our platform and solutions in the market and deliver them via pitch decks, solution briefs, web content and other materials.
- Deliver sales enablement – Communicate our product’s value proposition to both internal and external sales partners and develop the sales tools that support the selling of Bigleaf’s SD-WAN platform.
- Launch new features – Plan the launch of new product features in coordination with Product Marketing and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the go-to-market for new features.
- Demand Gen – Partner with marketing to develop the strategy and content that drive demand for our products.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in Customer Success leadership roles, with at least 2 years as part of a high growth startup
- Proven track record and desire to serve as both an Individual Contributor and Department Leader in tech companies
- History and insight with creating Customer Success expectations, processes, and measurements, including the selection and implementation of tools and systems needed to execute plan
- Strong empathy for employees, customers AND a passion for growth and development
- Comfortable handling customer conflict and delivering news that they may not always want to hear
- Experience with scaling and change management with the flexibility to adapt to the needs of a growing and changing organization
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understand the Telecom/Networking industry a plus
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role please send along a resume and cover letter/email of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a stock options plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.