At Customer.io we believe that businesses who create strong relationships with their customers will outperform the ones that don’t.
We’re working to make Customer.io the default choice for any internet business to deliver great, automated customer experiences at scale. Customer.io is used by over 1200 businesses to create continuity after a person leaves a website or mobile app. Every message (receipts, win-backs, and onboarding) across every channel (email, push, sms and more) can be managed and measured in Customer.io.
Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate and highly effective. We offer a lot of opportunity to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact. We value diversity, and as a distributed company are committed to giving you the flexibility and freedom to work from where you're most productive, on a schedule that fits your family and your life.
We understand that you might not have all the skills we've listed, and that's okay. If you have a combination of some of the items listed and you're interested in developing in the others, we want to hear from you!
What we're looking for:
This is a key part of our growing remote Sales team! As an Account Executive at Customer.io, you will be a trusted advisor in our customers' evaluation of Customer.io, helping to transform their businesses with the Customer.io solution.
You will be responsible for taking over inbound and outbound sourced leads, qualifying, and leading those prospects through the sales cycle to close them as new paying customers. As part of a dynamic growing team, this role will be fast-paced and challenging, with great earning and growth potential.
We seek highly personable, opportunity-driven individuals that also collaborate well in a team environment. People who can quickly develop rapport and build relationships with prospects over the phone, and match their organization's specific business needs with the benefits of Customer.io.
What will you be doing as Account Executive?
- Take over qualified leads from our outbound and inbound sales teams, re-qualify and lead prospects through our sales process to closed customers.
- Work with our MDR (Inbound) and BDR (Outbound) teams to give great feedback on lead quality, so we're consistently sourcing better leads that Customer.io can help.
- Demonstrate ability to manage the sales cycle, and close business and convert prospects to paid customers.
- Schedule and perform online demos with qualified prospects.
- Uncover key business needs and problems, match Customer.io's solutions and features.
- Own your key numbers! Report present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, and administrative commitments for management.
- Explain and demonstrate features and merits of our products and services.
What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor's degree (in relevant field) or equivalent sales experience
- 3+ years inside or outside sales experience in a technology environment. Special consideration may be given to candidates with experience in the B2B SaaS.
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement.
- You're the face of the company to our customers. You care about having a tidy appearance and coming across as a professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as a professional and engaging phone presence.
- Ability to identify customer business needs in order to recommend relevant solutions.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Expertise using CRM and web-based conferencing systems.
Who we are looking for?
- You're a great listener and are able to understand and articulate complex ideas succinctly.
- You are motivated to over-perform, on the back of delivering tangible value and superlative experiences to your customers.
- You are competitive and have high expectations of your performance.
- You are intelligent and curious. You're able to do independent research to identify the right value proposition to present to the right contacts in the right accounts.
- You have a high-energy approach to work and an eagerness to learn.
- You embrace learning, value feedback and work to improve every day.
Our Sales team Values at Customer.io are:
- Ownership and Accountability
- Invested and Aware
- Driven by:
More about Customer.io
We're a profitable, remote-first SaaS company with employees all over the world, and an office in Portland, Oregon. We process more than 7 billion API requests every month to help 1200+ companies to communicate better with their customers. We believe in our goal of helping companies build meaningful, positive relationships with their customers though their digital interactions - and strive to lead by example with our own customer interactions.
For more information about our benefits and what it's like to work at Customer.io, check out our careers page: https://customer.io/careers/
- Flexible working hours
- 20 vacation days every year you're encouraged to use
- Full health, vision and dental insurance for you and your family
- We offer paid parental leave to all new parents, including parents who are adopting
- Monthly allowance for health and wellness
- A budget for the office equipment you'll need to do your best work from home, or at a coworking space in your area
- $2000 USD yearly to put towards education, training and conferences to help further your career
- Company retreats twice a year, in locations all over the world (Iceland, Hungary, Romania, Mexico, to name a few!)
We are passionate about our core values: Responsibility, Empathy and Transparency (and resolved to our Awkwardness) and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
At Customer.io, we’re committed to building a diverse environment and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups. We want people with different backgrounds from the team we have today to bring their perspective and thoughtfulness to the work that we do and the culture we foster.
Apply at the link below!
Please include 3 companies you believe would be great new customers for Customer.io in your cover letter.