Hi there. We’re Bumped. A tech company on a mission to build meaningful, lasting relationships between customers and companies by turning loyal shoppers into shareholders. Along the way, we make the (traditional, sometimes stodgy) stock market more approachable, understandable, and—dare we say it—fun.
You can see the details about our culture in the section below, but to summarize: we’re building something great to help turn everyone into an owner, and partnering with brands that are passionate about relationships with their customers. After all, it's not about us. It's about customers and the brands they love, loving them back.
As the Product Manager, you will combine your passion for building awesome apps and scalable platforms with exceptionally strong analytical and project management skills to help our efforts building and delivering our services, analyzing metrics, and improving upon our product(s). You will break down complex problems and use data to inform decisions. The Product Manager will work across multi-disciplinary global teams: UX, engineering, operations and QA to build a deep understanding of engaging and enjoyable consumer and partner interactions with Bumped, and to be part of the overall success of the company.
- Facilitates end-to-end product planning and delivery processes across cross-functional teams and into the market.
- Collaborates with Product Development team to accelerate product go-to-market via solid development and delivery processes
- Manages release planning, feature prioritization, product requirements, and ongoing product roadmap process alongside other PMs
- Maintains ongoing market sensing activities to ensure continual learning, competitive products, and consumer feedback inclusion into product process
- Develops and publishes product roadmap with Head of Product on a regular basis
- Develops high-level business cases in support of innovation and product development activities
- Defining product success metrics, and analyzing product performance by driving the product agenda with Engineering Design, and other cross-functional teams to deliver!
Experience & Skills
Humility is our #1 job requirement. We hope that candidates will bring the following competencies and expertise, not their ego.
- 5+ years of product management experience, with 2+ years experience with consumer Internet or Web-based technology products and services
- Prior experience working with Internet technologies and e-commerce
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills combined with a strong business and technical acumen
- Demonstrated experience in agile software development practices
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of successful product and project management execution and leading cross-functional teams to deliver high quality products
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive decision making
- Ability to maneuver and appreciate a fast-moving pace, and an ability to embrace ambiguity
- Training in agile software development practices
- Some formal or informal coding skills (HTML, CSS, PHP, C++, Java, C Sharp, Python, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree is a must, technical degree highly preferred
- Scrappy go-getter - don’t ask...do!
Working at Bumped
Here at Bumped, we believe in a culture of leadership. That means that all of our employees...
Own It: Leaders own results—whether things go right or wrong. We hold ourselves and each other accountable, we learn from our mistakes, we don’t point fingers.
Get the Big Picture: Always seek to understand what’s happening beneath the surface—from how we make company decisions to how your team prioritizes projects. Ask questions when you don’t understand directives or decisions. It’s much easier to believe in a mission when you fully understand it, as opposed to doing so simply because it was a directive.
Assess Your Alignment: Make sure everything you do—on an org, team, or project-level—is aligned with our overarching company goals and values. We must move in the same direction, or nothing will get done.
Be Advanced Humans: We value diversity, inclusivity, and humility. We’re working hard to do something big, and we never lose sight of ethics and respect for all.