Our Company NemaMetrix Inc. is a fast-paced, biotechnology company whose mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and D. rerio (Zebrafish) to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
NemaMetrix is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon with a satellite office in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Role: Technical Sales Representative – Zebrafish
Location: Remote within the continental US
Are you excited to build your career within a dynamic growing company where you can leverage your scientific knowledge and sales experience? NemaMetrix is currently searching for a Technical Sales Representative to sell our zebrafish genome editing services into the applied commercial and academic markets.
Overview: The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for uncovering and developing new business, as well as growing current key accounts by identifying and qualifying prospects, discussing unique needs and working with our internal scientific sales team to develop solutions to fulfill these needs. In this position, you will be meeting customers and building key relationships early in the sales process to primarily drive growth in our zebrafish business. This position offers an annual base salary + uncapped commission.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Identify and develop sales opportunities to secure quarterly and annual sales growth targets consistent with company goals.
- Apply new and unique ways to generate leads and prospective customers.
- Work very closely with Technical Application Scientists, as well as Executive Management and Business Development to close sales.
- Create forecasts, weekly reports, monthly highlights, marketing intelligence, and other related reports.
- Maintain accurate and current records of proposals, opportunities, accounts, contacts, leads and actions through CRM.
- Cultivate and maintain a knowledge of company services and products and their applications
- Keep manager abreast of any new developments in the marketplace (competitive, product, customer, wins/losses, etc.).
- Present our available services to promote our reputation in the marketplace.
- Strive to increase market share through persistence and ingenuity.
- Generate detailed business plans using sales tools.
- Liaise with marketing, research & development and internal scientists to provide customer feedback.
What You Bring to the Table: You are self-motivated with solid prospecting and sales skills and the desire to work as part of a small innovative sales team. You are comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a culturally progressive and growing technical organization. You possess strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively in academic as well as commercial settings. In addition, you are organized, enthusiastic, adaptable and able to maintain positive relationships both internally and externally to NemaMetrix.
- BS in Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar Life Science degree
- 3+ years in B2B sales, business development or lead generation role with a working knowledge of the sales process
- 5+ years experience in a biological, anatomical or chemical laboratory
- Strong aptitude for prospecting and sourcing new business as well as the ability to expand an existing client base
- Excellent communication and proven commercial skills
- Driven, enthusiastic solution-oriented thinker
- Flexible and interested in a company with lots of growth opportunity
- Prior experience forecasting and use of a CRM
- Proficient computer skills in Google, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Zoom and/or Skype
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- An advanced degree – MS or PhD
- Knowledge of D. rerio (Zebrafish)
- Understanding of the Miller Heiman selling process and terminology is a plus
- Familiarity with HubSpot preferred
Perks of Working with Us In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, NemaMetrix offers a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life/AD&D insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee Events
- Dog friendly work environment in our Eugene, OR office
Our Commitment to You NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.
Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our content and across all our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all the fascinating characteristics that make us different.