If you love caring for people, putting structures in place so they can grow, and helping them navigate life, and you have a strong knowledge of human resources, this might be the role for you. Welcome to Bigleaf – we keep businesses connected to the cloud. Check out more info on our homepage: http://www.bigleaf.net. Our service is growing quickly and we’re looking for a hands-on VP of People to join our team to help us scale from 40 people to 150+. Bigleaf is a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
- People Development: We want Bigleaf to be a place where team members grow and succeed. To enable this, you’ll create and implement a strategic plan for mentoring, coaching, and training to ensure a healthy career path is available to everyone. You’ll also be a go-to resource for challenging life issues that team members encounter, such as work-impacting health problems, help building healthy relationships with other team members, conflict resolution, guidance on compensation, and more. With your understanding of how work and the rest of life are interconnected, you’ll connect team members with resources on personal finance, relationships outside of work, counseling, and other life needs.
- Culture Leadership: Bigleaf has an amazing culture right now. We’re a group of people who are friendly, open, peaceful, honest, work hard, and are driving towards shared goals. However, we know it will take a lot of work to maintain our culture as we continue to grow quickly. In this role, you’ll drive efforts to foster strong connections between team members and departments, design and run corporate events, drive efforts that further align our actions as a company with our values, and work closely with the rest of the leadership team to ensure we’re consistent with how we talk and behave.
- HR Development: In this role you’ll handle the onboarding, compliance, benefits, legal, and other key aspects of our HR needs. Initially as an individual contributor, you’ll run those efforts with the help of outside consultants. You’ll also take care of our payroll, commissions, and benefits. As Bigleaf grows, you’ll build and lead a team to ensure we succeed in all aspects of your role as we scale. You’ll also create and run a process for performance management/reviews, and you’ll put together compensation structures and justifications. You’ll ensure our benefits are competitive, and that our work environment is healthy and safe. You will be responsible both for developing HR strategies, and for implementing and acting upon them.
- Internal Recruiting: You’ll manage the recruitment process for all new hires. This includes gathering requirements, posting, reviewing, scheduling and conducting initial interviews during the hiring process. You’ll work directly with the rest of the leadership team to develop recruitment protocols and systems for best hiring and recruiting practices at Bigleaf.
- At least 5 years proven experience as part of a Human Resources or People team, with at least some of that at a 20-100 person high-growth investor-backed company
- At least 3 years of experience in a Director or VP role
- Experience and comfort directly providing HR support to a growing team, dealing with the challenges that people bring
- Experience training and mentoring others and resolving conflict
- Loving, relational, people oriented attitude with a passion to see people succeed
- Knowledge of labor, benefit, compensation, and other related laws and HR best practices to ensure legal compliance while fostering diversity on our team
- Knowledge of HR Systems and databases and HR/People metrics.
- Strong ability to clearly communicate strategies, initiatives, systems and tactics to people in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated care for the professional and personal development of team members
- A team-player mentality
- Self-starter approach to identifying and accomplishing goals
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role please send along a resume and cover letter/email of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a stock options plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.