If you know internet networking well, and want to drive a market-defining product towards a big vision while also making an immediate positive impact in people’s lives, this might be the role for you.
Welcome to Bigleaf – we keep businesses connected to the cloud. Check out more info on our homepage: http://www.bigleaf.net.
Our business is growing quickly and we’re looking for a hands-on Director of Product Management to drive the success of our product as we scale.
Bigleaf is a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
- Research and Strategy: In this role, you’ll take your knowledge of internet networking and expand on it to become an expert on Bigleaf today and what Bigleaf of the future can look like. You’ll perform research and interviews on and with our customers, partners, and team members; analyze our markets, channels, and competitors; and evaluate pricing to optimize our growth rates and profitability. Through all of this, you’ll develop strategy and also perform the work as an individual contributor. Over time, as the company grows, you’ll have the opportunity to turn this into a leadership role, putting together a team to ensure success at scale.
- Product Development: Currently our CEO handles our product management functions. As Bigleaf is growing quickly, we need someone to step into this role who will take our vision and work directly with the CEO to bring that vision to fruition through careful product development. You’ll manage our roadmap, collaborating with other leadership team members, taking requests, prioritizing features and adjusting in real-time to our fast-paced business needs. You’ll work extremely closely with our VP of Software Engineering to ensure that you’re both in sync on development timelines, ROI, project requirements, and more. You’ll also be responsible for researching and projecting expected revenue, costs, profit, and ROI timing for new features.
- Deployment Management, Communications, and Training: To successfully release new features we have to carefully manage expectations, communicate thoroughly, and ensure everyone is trained at the right time when new features are deployed. You’ll handle all of these aspects, leveraging your experience to ensure everyone involved has a smooth experience that enables us to innovate quickly without causing needless frustrations or disruptions for customers and partners. You’ll project-manage each feature through idea, development, deployment, communication, and training. You’ll ensure communications are appropriately tailored to the relevant internal and external audiences. You’ll make sure documentation gets updated, so internal and external users have success with new features. You’ll train team members and partners on features and the platform, so they can understand how Bigleaf will best serve them now and in the future. Finally, you’ll work closely with our product marketing team to ensure we’re putting our best foot forward with customers and partners in marketing materials and communications.
- At least 7 years proven experience in product management roles
- Experience in both an early-stage high-growth investor-backed company and a larger, more established company
- Experience with product management of solutions sold to SMB customers
- Experience and comfort with agile development processes
- Strong knowledge of internet networking, network performance, VPNs, and network security
- Collaborative, positive, consultative attitude
- Strong ability to clearly communicate technical concepts in written and spoken English
- A team-player mentality
- Desire to grow in leadership and establish a product management team
- Self-starter approach to identifying and accomplishing goals
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role please send along a resume and cover letter/email of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a stock options plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.