As the General Manager, your work centers around building community, member retention, and managing the facility at The Riveter.
In this role, you’ll work directly with current and prospective members to share The Riveter story and our offerings. You will also act as the primary point of contact for current members to ensure that everyone in our spaces has the best experience every visit.
- Maintain building operations to ensure excellent member experiences with key focus on hospitality
- Proactively track and analyze performance including but not limited to reasons for churn, member satisfaction, referral programs, and tour conversion
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community
- Responsible for vendor management and staffing with budget and member experience in mind
- Maintain space aesthetic, atmosphere, culture, and product knowledge to ensure excellent member experience
- Be able to give in-depth tours around the space with a strong knowledge of membership plans and logistics; share The Riveter’s founding story, vision, and values that result in tour to member conversion
- Manage monthly community breakfasts and happy hours
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, including member introductions, overseeing events, digital and print communications, and building walk-throughs
- Meet with members to resolve issues, process member transitions and other issues of complexity
- Proactively gain an understanding of members’ business objectives and identify member services that could help members achieve their objectives
- Identify and act on opportunities to connect members including member highlights
- Design guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize member experience
- Manage the local The Riveter facebook and Slack community
- Train new Community Coordinators, and serve as a resource for them
- Know and be able to implement member safety plans, i.e. fire and emergency plans
- Maintain a positive attitude and take initiative
- Manage OPEX for the location
You’re Our Ideal Teammate if You:
- Customer service and/or sales experience required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Have Opex management experience and 1-2 years of budget management
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Knowledge of tools such as Gather, Nexudus, and Square, or ability to quickly learn new software tools
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for The Riveter’s mission and values
- Are a self-starter, creative thinker, comfortable working in a startup where you will be required to think outside the box (because we are still building the box)
- Are comfortable working with technology (basic printer troubleshooting and basic CRM data input)
- Must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 30lbs
- Must be able to kneel, bend, reach, and stand for a long duration
Built by women for everyone, inclusion, optimism and hard work are core to who we are at The Riveter. We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff and membership is vital to working towards equity, both in the workplace and in our broader communities. We strive to create a community where every staff and member feels like they belong, and are able to contribute and grow with their full authentic selves and intersecting identities.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and treat every applicant and staff fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ancestry, color, citizenship or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, protected status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable local, state and federal legally protected classifications. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements.
If you would like to learn more, need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com.
At The Riveter, we unapologetically work for equity of opportunity for all women. That means we speak out when it comes to gender equity, racial justice and economic opportunity - including on issues such as reproductive freedom and voting rights. While team members don't have to personally agree with all of our stances, they must be comfortable representing the company's platform while carrying out their work and understand The Riveter advocates for equity across all sectors.