At Bigleaf our goal is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about serving others who will lead a team responsible for helping our customers resolve problems with their network connectivity. We believe it’s crucial to provide excellent service to our customers, eliminating the typical finger-pointing that happens in IT, through skillful and diligent troubleshooting. We also believe it’s critical to help one another as we seek to provide that level of service to our customers.
This role will be located in our Portland, Oregon headquarters. Ideal candidate will have a strong background in customer service and customer-facing communication as well as a proven track record of servant leadership and management of a technical team.
- Customer calls and escalations: We take our customers’ network uptime very seriously. In a difficult situation, you will join one of our support specialists or engineers as they work with the customer by phone and through email to ease their concerns. If a customer is complaining, then their complaint needs to be escalated internally, so you’ll gather details to simplify the escalation process.
- Teaching and mentoring the team in how best to serve our customers and each other. Gently teach character and guide each team member in their professional development.
- Project management: Our multidisciplinary support team is responsible for numerous projects. You’ll loosely oversee them as they manage their own projects and provide status updates to the director of support.
- Weekly one-on-ones: You’ll meet weekly with each team member to gather information about how they’re doing and how we can best serve the team and our customers.
- Hiring: You’ll post role descriptions, read resumes, send out questionnaires, interview, evaluate, and recommend potential new team members.
- Quality control: You’ll organize quality audits for calls and tickets and provide constructive feedback to the team.
- Monitoring KPIs: For our support ticketing system, you’ll be gathering and monitoring key performance data so our customers are being served well, our support team’s workload is kept reasonable, and so we know when to hire additional team members.
- Managing attendance: You’ll cooperate with our growing 24/7 support team to schedule regular weekly hours and to manage their on-call rotations. Work-life balance is very important at Bigleaf, so you’ll need to help team members try to hit that balance given their unique situations and qualifications. This also involves managing a phone queue configuration.
- At Bigleaf you’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats. Additional responsibilities and projects can vary each day, so you’ll need to be flexible and willing to serve the team in whatever capacity may be needed. This is one more reason why people say they enjoy working here.
- A passion for humbly serving customers and partners.
- Five years in a customer-oriented, customer-facing position.
- Two years in a management role for a customer-facing highly technical team.
- Excellence at clearly and warmly communicating in written and spoken English. The courage and compassion to speak to an upset customer if needed. A second language is a plus.
- Well-organized and detail oriented, with project-management experience.
- General industry understanding of Internet service and associated technologies, including things like IP addresses, VoIP, and cloud computing. A networking background is a plus but is not required.
- Self-starter approach to identifying and accomplishing goals. Experience at a fast-paced startup company a plus.
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office and a ticketing system such as Zendesk. Experience with a CRM or configuring a phone system is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to handle calls and other situations after hours if needed.
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role please send along a resume and cover letter/email of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a stock options plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.