This position is a temp-to-hire and part-time. The person in this role will be responsible for revenue recognition, general receivables and payables entries, preparation of sales tax returns, performing account reconciliations, review of own work before submitting for review, researching and analyzing the organization’s financial transactions and preparation and support of financial reporting for internal management and external organizations.
- Owner of customer invoicing and revenue recognition under the ASC606.
- Manage integrated SaaSOptics system data.
- Apply cash and reconcile customer accounts.
- Owner of accounts payable processing.
- Month end close – JE’s, inventory close, analysis, actual vs. budget and cash forecast support.
- Review and publish weekly Accounts Payable Aging and Accounts Receivable Aging.
- Issue Inventory POs, project and class validation and approvals.
- Calculate Sales rep commissions and review monthly payroll.
- Prepare sales tax returns and review new states for nexus together with external consultant.
- Perform Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare supporting schedules to monthly financial package.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- QBO, SaaSOptics (revenue books), Expensify, and Avalara systems experience preferred.
- Accounting research on proper application of GAAP, and specifically ASC606.
- Previous experience working in a start-up and software/SaaS company preferred.
- Highly skilled in MS Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc.) and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, and adheres to tight deadlines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business with emphasis in Accounting or Finance, along with 4-5 years of solid, progressive Accounting experience. CPA designation is definitely a plus.
This position currently does not require direct report management.
The individual in this position must possess the following job competencies:
Decision Making/Judgment – Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
Organizational Savvy – Operates within the organizations’ formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others’ roles and perspectives, can sell pro.
Planning – Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
Problem Solving/Analysis – Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Results Focus – Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.