The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do
and how we do it.
The Art Director role:
The Art Director will be the chief visual interpreter of the The Renewal Workshop brand supporting consumer marketing, business development, and our ambitions to lead and change the apparel industry. The Art Director will be meaningfully committed to and excited by the vision, purpose and core values of The Renewal Workshop. This person is responsible for ensuring a rich and beautiful visual experience that inspires people to embrace circular as a way of life and entices brands to adopt circular business models. We need someone who is experienced in the world of graphic design and photography and used to producing a large volume of assets to support an omnichannel business with an active content marketing strategy. This person must also be capable of working across multiple brand identities and styles. This role works cooperatively with our sales and marketing and business development teams. Being part of a startup means constant change and innovation, and we need someone who can roll with the punches, remain creative and open to new directions and approaches and manage their own workflow and time.
Typical duties include:
Consumer marketing support:
- Creating a consistent visual style for TRW consumers using the brand and messaging bible standards and original brand standards
- Creating visual content for weekly emails and blog posts, daily social media channels and assets for TRW.com according to the editorial calendar and asset production schedule.
Design in support of our role as circular business leaders in the apparel industry:
- Creating a consistent visual style for TRW circular leadership using the brand and messaging bible standards.
- Developing inspiring visual content for decks, presentations, newsletters, infographics, and white papers
- Developing visual identity and supporting layout an execution for Annual State of Circular report
Design in support of co-marketing with our brand partners:
- Collaborating with Account Manager and Marketing Manager on co-marketing efforts with brand partners.
- Creating visual content as needed for our brand partner sites according to their standards
- Providing visuals for Impact Report
Digital asset management:
- Managing team access and use of images to ensure alignment with TRW.- Organizing, cataloging and maintaining digital assets from various locations and platforms into NetX to ensure accessibility and use.- Organizing and maintaining Collections images for Brand Partners.
- Coordinating and Art Directing all photo shoots
- Maintaining permissions and guarding brand standards for image use (for TRW and for brand partner assets)
Key competencies and technical skills:
- Demonstrated track record of creative execution to support engagement and sales in apparel or accessories brand
- Ability to design in service to our message and within the parameters of our brand identity and brand partners parameters
- Mastery of design tools - Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightbox (or comparable products)
- Animation and infographic production competency
- Digital asset management systems creation and maintenance (NetX ideal but not required)
- Photoshoot art direction experience
- Strong communication skills especially being able to translate verbal concepts into visual ones
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Self-sufficiency and an ability to manage one’s own time
- Pursues a mindset of continuous improvement Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment
Level: 3 – 5 years experience in digital asset creation in apparel industry, experience with Shopify and Mailchimp preferred
Please submit: cover letter, resume, portfolio (Dribble profiles also accepted)
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Salary: Commensurate upon experience
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full time, salaried
Job Category: Art Direction
You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must have close visual acuity to view a computer screen; prepare and analyze data and information; transcribe information; and read.
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person).
- Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Must be of minimum working age of 16, some jobs will require minimum working age of 18.
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.