The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do and how we do it.
The Marketing Manager role:
The marketing manager will be meaningfully committed to and excited by the vision, purpose and core values of The Renewal Workshop. This role will have the primary responsibility for helping customers understand their importance in transforming business from linear to circular. They will work in service to our brand partners to create joint marketing campaigns and projects and will be experts in using marketing to engage and inspire customers in making the world better through how they spend their money. We’re looking for someone with a fresh approach to marketing for social good in a meaningful, measurable and thoughtful way.
Being part of a startup means constant change and innovation; any candidate must remain creative and open to new directions and approaches, and be able to independently manage their workflow and time.
Typical duties include:
- Creating and implementing a consumer facing marketing plan that drives sales and engagement across a variety of platforms and social media channels
- Working with brand partners to develop co-marketing campaigns and efforts to drive sales of brand partner products
- Site merchandising to support campaigns
- Analyzing sales and traffic data to optimize strategies and budget investments
- Meeting quarterly KPI’s and reporting out on KPI’s for assigned responsibilities
- Developing budget recommendations on campaign basis and annual plan
- Copywriting for consumer facing marketing efforts including blog posts, newsletters, social captions
- Supporting Director of Retail Sales in marketing related to events and retail partnerships
- Ensuring compliance with all privacy, spam and other policies related to D2C marketing
Key competencies and technical skills:
- Demonstrated track record of customer acquisition and list growth
- Excellent and impeccable writing skills
- Exceptional project management and cross team collaboration
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Google Analytics and Mailchimp proficiency
- Technical competence with Shopify, G-Suite products and Office suite
- Self-sufficiency and an ability to manage one’s own time
- Pursues continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment
- Experience with planning and budgeting campaigns to support sales
Level: 3 – 5 years of Marketing experience, preferably within an apparel or accessories brand
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Salary: Commensurate upon experience
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full time, salaried
Job Category: Marketing
You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must have close visual acuity to view a computer screen; prepare and analyze data and information; transcribe information; and read.
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person).
- Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Must be of minimum working age of 16, some jobs will require a minimum working age of 18.
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training