The Riveter is looking for an experienced software developer to collaborate with our technology team in creating a world class digital experience for our members. Our HQ is based in Seattle and we run our product team with members outside of the state.
Our Engineering team is excited about getting things quickly in front of our customers in order to get feedback and measurements that help to drive our priorities. We enjoy learning new things as a team and have a scrum that engages everyone on the team in order to have alignment on priorities and high quality of delivery. Everything we touch ends up being improved, our designs are focused on flexibility, and we take team ownership of everything we deliver.
We are looking for a software engineer that likes digging into the details of technology and thrives in a space where they are exposed to many different types of technologies and customer needs. You should be interested in familiarizing yourself with all aspects of software delivery while having access to experienced software engineers. If you enjoy delivering small things in order to grow them while identifying improvements and working as a team to implement them, please reach out to us!
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with the product team to evaluate a product experience holistically, identify next steps, and deliver the individual features that make up the product
- Objectively explain and represent your contributions and deliverables to your team
- Clearly communicate with your project team to make sure they have full context of your work and that you have the same of theirs, jumping in on other tasks as needed to bring the most value to the system
- Take on various tasks, development-related or not, to support different processes and needs on your project teams
You’re our ideal teammate if you have:
- 1 year of production development experience
- Proven UI skills for native Mobile (one of:Swift, Java)
- Proficiency with the services design and delivery (one of: Go, PHP, Python, Node)
- Firm grasp of cloud capabilities (one of: AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with building both functional and engaging web or native mobile experiences
- Passion for delivering quality software
- Aligned with the Agile and Lean mindset
- Solid time management skills and an inspiring attitude
- A commitment to improve software development practices for yourself and your team
Built by women for everyone, inclusion, optimism and hard work are core to who we are at The Riveter. We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff and membership is vital to working towards equity, both in the workplace and in our broader communities. We strive to create a community where every staff and member feels like they belong, and are able to contribute and grow with their full authentic selves and intersecting identities.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and treat every applicant and staff fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ancestry, color, citizenship or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, protected status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable local, state and federal legally protected classifications. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements.
If you would like to learn more, need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com.
At The Riveter, we unapologetically work for equity of opportunity for all women. That means we speak out when it comes to gender equity, racial justice and economic opportunity - including on issues such as reproductive freedom and voting rights. While team members don't have to personally agree with all of our stances, they must be comfortable representing the company's platform while carrying out their work and understand The Riveter advocates for equity across all sectors