The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app with more campground reviews than anyone else on the Internet. We’re successfully changing the way 45+ million Americans search for campgrounds in the same way that Yelp changed the way we look for restaurants. Through user-generated reviews, The Dyrt is building an ever-expanding database of campgrounds across the country, making it easy and enjoyable for campers to find the information they need.
The Dyrt also solves the pain of authentic consumer connection for hundreds of outdoor brands. Using our nationwide community of campers, The Dyrt Rangers (200+ super users who test our partners’ products in the field), and our proprietary User Generated Content, The Dyrt provides the perfect platform for campers to find their next favorite campsite and for brands to engage with their target audience.
We are looking for a Customer Service Specialist to assist our camper and campground host users with challenges or problems they may face when using The Dyrt. The person in this role also verifies data provided by our users and ensure that we display correct campground details. In addition, this person will help onboard and educate new campground hosts about using The Dyrt for listing their property and receiving bookings from our camper community.
This role is responsible for building trust and happiness within The Dyrt community by resolving customer queries, recommending solutions, and guiding users through features and functionalities with confidence and empathy. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator who’s able to earn our customers’ trust and solve problems with incredible patience. This role will include both phone and online support, and you should be very comfortable contacting users by phone. Familiarity with Zendesk is a plus.
Ultimately, you will help maintain and grow our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support.
Below are essential functions of this role. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Resolve user queries, recommend solutions, and guide campers and hosts through features and functionalities
- Verify accuracy of campground data points provided and edited by campers
- Verify accuracy of campground claims made by campground hosts
- Educate and onboard new campground hosts
- Work with our Audience Development team to update our internal wiki and public FAQs based on technical issues and useful discussions with users
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Troubleshoot technical issues and elevate bugs to dev team
- Follow up with users to ensure their technical issues are resolved
- Gather user feedback and share with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Respond to app reviews through Google Play and Apple app stores
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Comfortable speaking with users on the phone
- Thick skin and lots of patience
- Two or more years of customer service, telephone and/ or online support experience
- Proficiency in Zendesk or other remote support tool a plus
- Understanding of how CRM systems work
- Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer proficient
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Applicant must live in or near Portland Oregon, or be willing to relocate
- Willing to work in The Dyrt office (which is a blast!)
- Familiarity with our industry is a plus
- Experience with technical troubleshooting and diagnostics a plus