Do you want to lead Finance at one of the boldest and fastest growing women’s brands in the U.S.A? As Wildfang’s CFO, you will be a valued member of the executive team, reporting to the Founder/CEO. Wildfang is currently seeking a CFO to help us scale and shape the future of our business. The role will lead all finance activities such as budgeting, forecasting, financial planning, accounting, equity and debt financing, investor relations, as well as oversee Operations & Customer Service functions.
You love working on complex business problems and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and feedback-driven environment. You're highly self-motivated, a dynamic leader, have a stellar work ethic and you want to have a big impact on the world through the work you do. If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
Executive Management & Investor Relations:
- Bring relevant consumer/retail experience and a strong, informed point of view as a key member of the Leadership Team.
- Be the CEO’s Wingman in setting strategy, milestones and setting, tracking & achieving the company’s goals.
- Help CEO to lead and manage the planning and execution of debt and equity financing rounds, including dealing with investment banks and pitching potential investors.
- Partner with the CEO, Board, and Leadership Team, as a financial problem solver and identify how operating performance can be maximized.
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses and reports necessary for various business and corporate development activities
Financial Management, Planning & Analysis:
- Manage financial reporting and operational metrics for the company, including budgeting, forecasting, board reporting, cash management, banking, auditing, and tax
- Analyze business to find opportunities for growth, profitability and efficiency, work with Leadership Team to deliver these opportunities.
- Own the annual forecasting process and forecast model with partnership from CEO and Leadership Team.
- Own annual budget planning process and operating plan implementation, including monthly functional budget reviews.
- Develop systems and reports to provide critical financial and operational information to Executive team to increase operational performance and mitigate financial risk
- Provide strong financial partnership to Merchandising function in Go-To-Market planning and Product-Line-Management processes to ensure we maximize productivity, reduce risk and accurately manage cashflow.
- Oversee Sale Reporting for total company with partnership from online and offline sales channel owners.
- Streamline departmental financial and business intelligence.
- Scale the finance and administrative functions for a rapidly growing start-up company.
- Be responsible for ownership of external financial constituents, serving as a key point of contact to external auditors, debt providers, banking relationships, attorneys, etc.
Accounting and Administration:
- Oversee the Accounting Department to ensure a system of appropriate controls, proper financial reporting with GAAP and security of the Company assets - financial and otherwise
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for internal use (Management) and external use (Board, Investors, Partners)
- Own the preparation and dissemination of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Ensure monthly accounting close is accurately & consistently delivered in under 10 days.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop Finance Team including consultants to create high performers that contribute to a culture of teamwork and commitment to the company’s success.
- Oversee risk management, internal controls, due diligence process and documentation like client contracts and partnership agreements.
Cash Management and Operations:
- Lead efforts around cash flow planning, investment and cash managementDevelop and implement a global cash management system, along with proper controls, that increases ability to expand rapidly, allowing it to service its internal/external constituents
- Optimize cash flow, with particular focus on marketing spend and inventory buys.
- Oversee A/R, A/P management and provide leadership and management for staff focused in these areas
- Oversee Operations & Customer Service functions including 3+ team members. Identify & resolve day-to-day operational problems and challenges in these functions proactively.
- 15+ years of senior financial and/or operational experience in consumer/product driven business, ideally in eCommerce or Retail.
- Mix of experience in start-up and larger, matrix organizations required.
- BS or BA, preferably in Finance or a related field. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Collaborative nature as demonstrated by management experience across multiple departments and disciplines
- Proven strategic thinker and problem solver when it comes to competitive strategy, business models and resource allocation
- A “player-coach” who can both manage teams and get into the weeds when necessary
- Understand and deal with complex accounting issues, including those unique to an omni-channel brand (online/offline)
- Strong analytical skills and a data driven decision maker
- Track record of building and developing strong teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of urgency: nothing in the universe will get in the way of delivering your goals
- Excellent communication and people skills – relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment.
- Health insurance
- Generous PTO
- Flexibility to work from home
- Dog Friendly Office
- Awesome product discounts