Hi there. We’re Bumped. A tech company on a mission to build meaningful, lasting relationships between customers and companies by turning loyal shoppers into shareholders. Along the way, we make the (traditional, sometimes stodgy) stock market more approachable, understandable, and—dare we say it—fun.
You can see the details about our culture in the section below, but to summarize: we’re building something great to help turn everyone into an owner, and partnering with brands that are passionate about relationships with their customers. After all, it's not about us. It's about customers and the brands they love, loving them back.
We’re looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to grow our lifecycle marketing and deepen connections with users.
The ideal candidate is familiar with major email platforms, experienced in automating marketing email communication, and passionate about writing thoughtful copy—without the jargon.
This person will be responsible for building, proofing, managing and analyzing all email programs including monthly campaigns, automated workflows, and transactional messaging. This is a great opportunity for someone excited to drive engagement strategies across user touchpoints beyond email (like web, in-app, push) to create a holistic communications strategy that educates and empowers consumers.
- Manage all aspects of Bumped’s consumer-facing lifecycle program, including audience segmentation, design, testing, deployment, and reporting
- Advocate for the user experience—identify ways to empower, engage, and educate users
- Support the Product team by reviewing in-app copy, providing input on how to be clear and approachable
- Work with the broader marketing team to develop new campaigns, identify areas for improvement
- Partner with Compliance teams to ensure all messaging is up to industry standards (we’re working in a regulated industry, so this one is a must)
- Develop documentation for email best practices, processes, and testing
Experience & Skills
Humility is our #1 job requirement. We hope that candidates will bring the following competencies and expertise, not their ego.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Experience building campaigns and managing email programs in a major ESP
- 2+ years of experience in digital, email marketing, or similar role
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, email marketing best practices
- Acute attention to detail
- Introductory experience with lifecycle marketing
Working at Bumped
Here at Bumped, we believe in a culture of leadership. That means that all of our employees….
- Own It: Leaders own results—whether things go right or wrong. We hold ourselves and each other accountable, we learn from our mistakes, we don’t point fingers.
- Get the Big Picture: Always seek to understand what’s happening beneath the surface—from how we make company decisions to how your team prioritizes projects. Ask questions when you don’t understand directives or decisions. It’s much easier to believe in a mission when you fully understand it, as opposed to doing so simply because it was a directive.
- Assess Your Alignment: Make sure everything you do—on an org, team, or project-level—is aligned with our overarching company goals and values. We must move in the same direction, or nothing will get done.
- Be Advanced Humans: We value diversity, inclusivity, and humility. We’re working hard to do something big, and we never lose sight of ethics and respect for all.