We're making healthcare better. Bright.md helps primary care providers deliver remarkably efficient remote care, increasing provider capacity by up to 30%, efficiency by as much as 90%, and margins by 5x. We're looking for people who are excited to join our diverse, creative, high-performing team and help transform healthcare.
Bright.md is growing quickly, and we’re looking for a motivated and talented Accounting and Finance Manager. You will be very hands-on and help run the day-to-day financial operations including helping to design and implement best practice processes that will allow the company to scale. As an Accounting and Finance Manager, you will report to the Director of Finance and be responsible for many aspects of finance related activities including ensuring the proper application of US GAAP to business transactions, the financial close process, and strategic budgeting and planning. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem-solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced environment to support our continued success.
- Leads the month-end close process, including posting journal entries, maintaining detailed general ledger schedules, and financial reporting
- Assist with annual budget planning and execution, including working with cross departmental key stakeholders to effectively translate business objectives into financial information
- Improve operating teams’ understanding of financial statements and budget adherence with thoughtful and transparent analysis and partnership including monthly variance tracking, KPIs and strategic insights
- Help define and build a best in class finance organization including evaluating and implementing new and improved finance processes and tools
- Prepares customer invoices and track and manage A/R aging and collections
- Reviews customer agreements to ensure compliance with terms and appropriate revenue recognition accounting
- Assists with other accounting and tax compliance activities
- Ad hoc financial projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years experience in a senior level accounting or finance role with a proven track record of increased responsibilities and scope
- Very hands-on but also loves finding and building better ways to do things
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized and strong analytical and Excel skills
- Excellent Communication Skills – you possess the ability to communicate complex financial concepts to both financial and non-financial audiences.
- Self confident team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Able to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP; CPA preferred
- SaaS, start-up and Quickbooks experience all a plus
A Great Place To Work
One of the most exciting startups in Portland, we've already been recognized as a leader in virtual care by Forrester and named a Gartner Cool Vendor. We've closed our second major round of funding and are actively implementing with clinical partners who are leaders in healthcare innovation. Our team has grown to a fantastic group of individuals who are dedicated to leading the industry into the future of healthcare delivery.
We're glad that you're interested in being part of a team that's driven to make a difference. At Bright.md, your ideas will be valued, your efforts recognized, your growth fostered, contributions rewarded, and successes celebrated. You'll have the autonomy to allow your talents to shine, and we'll provide the support you need to develop your interests and skills.
We offer a great set of benefits, including employee ownership through great stock options, health insurance with premiums coverage, a 401K program, parental leave coverage, pre-tax transportation dollars, and more.
On top of that, you'll be working with a team that knows how to have fun and supports all aspects of living. We play games in the office, run company-sponsored races together, have team lunches, picnics, and happy hours, and host celebrations for milestones big and small. We value volunteering - from bagging vegetables at the Oregon Food Bank to removing invasive species from local parks, big groups and small make time to support our community. We recognize that life doesn’t fit neatly into boxes, which is why you’ll sometimes see furry companions under desks and small children curled up on bean bag chairs.
Ready To Apply?
Fill out the application below. Send a resume and cover letter that lets us know why you are interested and why you are a great fit!