Wildfang’s mission is pure and our pursuit is relentless: We exist to help every kind of woman become the best possible version of herself, smashing gender roles and patriarchy in the process. Sometimes this means giving her the confidence to rock a suit to the party. And other times it means giving her the support she needs to perpetrate some serious badassery out in the world, like taking a stand against reproductive injustice, gender violence, labor inequality and, well, the current administration. Our store may be founded upon a woman's right to menswear, but our core is founded upon a woman's right to rights.
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, the Merchandise Planning Manager will develop, execute, and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans that support the company’s financial sales, product, inventory and marketing objectives. This individual will drive top line financial plans to a department/category level. This individual reports in to the the head of Merchandising, and is highly collaborative with the heads of Marketing and Finance among with other cross-functional leads and will be a significant player in the company’s success.
● Daily/weekly/monthly reporting as well as seasonal recaps for Leadership Team and BOD presentations.
● Lead the seasonal financial line planning process with emphasis on pre-season planning. Ensure that the assortment plan supports the financial budget.
● Manage monthly OTB process. Adjust top line financial numbers as needed.
● Strategically manage the in-season business in order to maximize sales, margin realization, and inventory (tops down and bottoms up). Manage weekly business reviews
● Assist the Buying team to capitalize on new opportunities and identify risks based on historical data and industry trends
● Provide Buying counterparts with high-level order quantity and size selling guidance that will drive purchasing decisions for all new products
● Analyze actual product performance and recommend next actions surrounding replenishment, markdowns, and length of product life.
● Generate recommended replenishment quantities based on historical selling, seasonal trends, category level merchandising strategies and inventory objectives.
● For all evergreen products, manage sku-level sales forecasts and create and communicate receipt goals that support in-stock and turn objectives.
● Lead the development and continuous evolution of retail processes related to assortment planning, pricing, promotions, and category planning.
● Independently develop new reporting to analyze the business.
● Ad-hoc reporting requests
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience which provides required knowledge, skills and abilities
● 7+ years of direct experience in planning, ideally in a omni-channel retail business and with brands that are recognized as industry leaders, with 2+ years of management experience preferred
● Proven track record of success in a planning role with a strong understanding of planning and merchandising disciplines including gross margin, inventory optimization, pricing & promotions, and sales and distribution
● High Proficiency in Retail Math and uses and structure of open to buy plan.
● Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and be able to aggressively manage deadlines and goals.
● Advanced Excel skills, including being able to seamlessly write & combine formulas like SUMIFS, SUMPRODUCT, INDEX, MATCH, LOOKUP formulas, as well as knowing how to debug and audit them. Pivot tables and charting skills are needed.
● Ability to objectively interpret historical sales and inventory data and to extract meaningful themes that advise future business strategies
● Strong attention to detail, a solid analytic skill base, and the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis to the business in a clear, precise and actionable manner