We’re building something great to help turn everyone into an owner and partner with brands that are passionate about relationships with their customers. After all, it's not about us. It's about customers—as we call them, “owners” —and the brands they love, loving them back.
We are looking to welcome new members to our Engineering team. The primary focus of this role is to design, build, maintain, and expand our backend platform and data science capabilities.
- Working well with our team is extremely important. Understand our company cultural values, have a voice, respect other’s opinions, and collaborate
- Design and build scalable micro-services
- Integrate with third-party APIs and services
- Manage and design data-driven solutions that support financial transactions (IE electronic trading)
- Contribute and provide feedback to other team members, collaborate with your team to design, deliver, request, review, and achieve common team goals
- Work with our product team and multiple business customers to understand business problems, create user stories, and build appropriate solutions
Experience & Skills
We are a fast-paced team, working together to build solutions in a financial environment using best practices. You must be comfortable and confident in building high-quality services alongside a group of people who are motivated and engaged
- You must be someone who can take initiative to grab onto core components of our platform and implement solutions to meet business needs
- Experience with data systems (relational and/or no-sql)
- Experience building scalable, reliable services
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related discipline or a convincing story of success
- Minimum 3 years professional software engineering experience
Preference for experience with the following or demonstrated ability to learn similar skills
- Node.js / Typescript
- Kubernetes (k8s) and docker
- Cloud platforms – preference for experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Preference to someone with a background working with financial data or financial organizations
What to expect
On your first day at Bumped you will be paired with a peer engineer who will facilitate a smooth onboarding experience, answer any questions you have, and point you in the right direction for guidance or advice. We will assist you in getting your code to production within your first two days. Over the course of your first month, our team will help you to understand our product, company goals, codebase, technology, and culture. Inclusivity is a core value; we are all excited about our positive social mission and building an amazing product together.