We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors unparalleled access to CRE investment opportunities. Founded in 2014, CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone.
Our momentum is building; we’ve just crossed over the $500 million mark in CRE investing, which demonstrates that online investing is here to stay. We are the winner of the 2019 Rising Star Award in the annual Oregon Technology Awards and the 2018 CRETECH Crowdfunding & Capital Sourcing Award.
Our headquarters are in downtown Portland overlooking Pioneer Square, the “living room” of the city. We offer great benefits, a fantastic culture, and a dog-friendly office. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
About the Role
To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring an External Wholesaler - RIA Channel reporting to the Director of Investor Relations. In this role you will be developing key partnerships within channels strategically significant to CrowdStreet’s growth. The primary measures of success will be based on effectively leveraging partnerships to acquire new accredited investors and investments into the CrowdStreet platform.
What You'll Be Doing
This is a sales and business development position with a primary responsibility of fostering long term, profitable partnerships in key channels with a focus on investor acquisition. Specific activities will include:
- Identifying and contacting independent RIAs and broker/dealers to gain distribution agreements for CrowdStreet products and solutions
- Developing strategies that impact financial product development, marketing and overall distribution strategy within the RIA and IBD channels
- Negotiating and structuring contracts and agreements with various channel partners that lead to mutually beneficial, long term relationships
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders including Investments, Sales, Product and Management, as well as key 3rd party consultants, to provide insights that help determine the direction of new offerings and services for the channel partners.
- Adhering to all applicable rules and regulations pertaining to the role.
What We Must Have
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in financial industry sales and business development including a demonstrated track record of winning agreements in the RIA and broker/dealer channels
- Understanding of RIA, online wealth management, independent broker/dealer channels and how to effectively partner with each as well as, structure appropriate incentive and revenue split structures,
- Knowledge of commercial real estate - must be conversant on private real estate investments.
- Knowledge of private fund structures
- Bachelor’s level degree (Business, Finance, Economics preferred).
What is Nice to Have
- FINRA Series 65 license or Series 7 and 66.
How to apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.