We're making healthcare better! Bright.md helps healthcare systems deliver remarkably efficient remote care, increasing provider capacity by up to 30%, efficiency by as much as 90%, and margins by 5x, while delighting patients and providers.
We are seeking a talented product designer with demonstrable experience working on both B2B and B2C web applications to join our product team. We offer autonomy, accountability, and mission-driven colleagues who care about making an impact. This position is full-time, located at our HQ in Portland, OR.
Design at Bright.md
Our design team works across all disciplines at Bright.md, creating holistic, human-centered experiences that deliver high-quality care, privately and securely, anytime, anywhere using a mobile device. You will be a cornerstone to championing the voice of our many customers and users, each with unique needs and challenges.
That’s why we need you! We’re looking to develop a diverse and inclusive team of product designers of various backgrounds, skills, and specialties to join our small (and growing!) product team. We will value your ideas, recognize your efforts, foster your growth, reward your contributions, and celebrate success together.
About the Role, you will:
- Own end-to-end design of high-impact projects and the creation of design artifacts throughout the product process. This may include: collaborating with sales and marketing to communicate design vision via annotated mockups or clickable prototypes; conducting user research to surface high-impact insights, quickly; running experiments to iterate and validate design solutions; and working hand-in-hand with engineers to spec and build out pixel-level screens and component styles
- Often juggle multiple projects: some of which will involve very broadly defined, loose concepts; and some of which will require narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Make human-centered design decisions informed by data and user research
- Work with your product team and functional leads to inform the product roadmap and ensure planned work aligns with user needs and product/company strategy
- Be a primary contributor to our product design principles and cultivate consistent application of these principles during product development
- Work closely with other design collaborators to evolve our product design system
- Be a pace-setter for the design team, elevating your fellow designers' work with thoughtful critique, both online and in-person, and in groups and one-on-one
- Have the opportunity to excel at what you do best and sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of clarity, insight, and user action
- Have experience designing for business (B2B) and consumer-focused (B2C) products
- Are very comfortable facilitating design discussions amidst ambiguity or conflicting perspectives
- Are skilled in cross-functional, verbal and written communication--explaining your work, processes, and decisions to other teams, internal leadership, and external stakeholders
- Delight in drawing up quick sketches and prototypes to validate ideas and opinions
- Keep pushing your work until all details are attended to. You thrive on managing projects to completion
- Your taste and eye for visual design is as strong as your ability to concept customer experiences
- Demonstrate mature systems thinking and are able to extrapolate/extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Are able to achieve desired outcomes that find the perfect balance between benefiting product goals, brand principles, and championing design standards
- Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our customers, our end-users, and your colleagues
- Actively seek critical feedback to help you produce your best work
- Have 5+ years of product design experience with deep knowledge of web standards for maintaining compatibility and using future-forward technologies. We also believe that proven skills are more important than years of experience. If you’ve got strong skills, but have taken a different path, we’d love to hear from you.
Team fit is also critical. We’re looking for someone is a compassionate team member, and who won’t accept mediocrity - someone who is open-minded, actively, and candidly sharing their ideas, working well in a creative, close-knit team. We endeavor to create a psychologically safe environment where there are no wrong questions or answers, where people think differently (and are rewarded for that), and where there is never just one "right way" to solve a problem.
Bonus points for:
- Recent work in service design
- Proficiency in Web ADA Compliance and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Proficiency in mobile-first, web-based experiences
- Demonstrated success in designing and optimizing high-use features over time
- Background in user research and conducting experiments or tests to better understand a problem: e.g., setting up customer interviews, doing usability testing, or conducting a survey with minimal guidance
What We Offer
A great set of benefits, including employee ownership through stock options, health insurance with premiums coverage, a Health Savings Account (HSA) program, pre-tax transportation dollars, and more. Our team also values fun as well as work. Many of us play board games at lunch, go on runs after work, or take work time to volunteer in the community together.
Ready To Apply?
Fill out the application below. Be sure to send a resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio. Tell us why this role resonates with you, and why you are a great fit!
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and thrives on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our work, and our community.