We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors unparalleled access to CRE investment opportunities. Founded in 2014, CrowdStreet believes that markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. Our momentum is building; we’ve just crossed over the $500 million mark in CRE investing, we have over 50,000 members in our investor community and over 300 customers, all of which demonstrates that online real estate investing is here to stay. We are the winner of the 2019 Rising Star Award in the annual Oregon Technology Awards and 2018 CRETech Crowdfunding & Capital Sourcing Award. Our headquarters are in downtown Portland overlooking Pioneer Square, the “living room” of the city. We offer great benefits and a fantastic culture. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
CrowdStreet is seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager to lead the development of new integrated solutions and the enhancement of existing integrated solutions across all CrowdStreet product lines, including the CrowdStreet marketplace, investor management solutions and investment products. This critical role will also own other technical areas across the product platform including imports, security & permissions and activity logs.
The Technical Product Manager will be the primary driver of some of the largest and most strategic product initiatives that will impact the growth and valuation of CrowdStreet. Success in this role will require strong technical problem-solving skills to architect integrated solutions, coordinate internal and external deliverables, define product requirements, collaborate with the engineering team and execute against a product roadmap. This role will be the primary point of contact between CrowdStreet and our integration partners including DocuSign, payment processors (e.g. Fiserv and North Capital), IRA custodians (e.g. Millennium Trust, Entrust and Equity Trust), marketing solutions (e.g. HubSpot, Pardot, Pendo and Impact Affiliate) and many others.
The Technical Product Manager will serve as a collaborative member of the Product Team that includes Engineering, have frequent interactions with CrowdStreet executives, engage with both internal and external customers, report to the VP of Product and be based in CrowdStreet’s Portland headquarters.
- Collaborate with the VP of Product and the VP of Engineering to establish a vision and roadmap for extending the product through integrated solutions and technical enhancements that benefit internal teams, investors and real estate sponsors.
- Define and design technical product solutions relative to identified business needs and strategic initiatives by collaborating with Designers, Engineers, and cross-functional team members
- Prioritize technical features and integration projects using Jira and make trade-off decisions for sprint planning based on rational business arguments
- Engage with integration partners to build relationships, enhance existing workflows and create new integrated solutions
- Test and validate new feature to confirm that requirements are achieved
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to release new features and integrated solutions
- Assist internal and external customers to expand their knowledge and usage of the product
- Contribute to strategic initiatives to grow the business and expand strategic partnerships
- Promote a collaborative and constructive culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- 3+ years of technical product management experience identifying customer needs, prioritizing requests, developing roadmaps, defining requirements and releasing successful software solutions
- Extensive experience integrating solutions, leveraging APIs, working with data and establishing relationships with integration partners
- Experience and comfort managing a large backlog of product requests, defects and strategic initiatives ideally using Jira or a similar tool
- Customer-centric mindset, charisma, and empathy necessary to listen actively to a customer’s product needs, ask clarifying questions and fully understand use cases
- Ability to multi-task deliverables across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, complete assigned tasks on-time and consistently meet high-quality standards
- Excellent collaborative skills working with a cross-functional team to ideate options to solve complex business problems and create designs that delight users
- Experience providing training for a software solution to internal and/or external users
- Experience working with SQL databases and comprehending data models
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in SaaS software development, Agile SDLC and web technologies
- Exceptional written, verbal, grammatical and presentation skills
- BS or MS degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
- The ideal candidate will have experience evolving an online fintech solution, ideally for a company focused on banking, portfolio management, investing or payment processing
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.