We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors unparalleled access to CRE investment opportunities. Founded in 2014, CrowdStreet believes that markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. Our momentum is building; we’ve just crossed over the $500 million mark in CRE investing, we have over 50,000 members in our investor community and over 300 customers, all of which demonstrates that online real estate investing is here to stay. We are the winner of the 2019 Rising Star Award in the annual Oregon Technology Awards and 2018 CRETech Crowdfunding & Capital Sourcing Award. Our headquarters are in downtown Portland overlooking Pioneer Square, the “living room” of the city. We offer great benefits and a fantastic culture. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
CrowdStreet is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to take a leadership role in defining the direction and product evolution of the company’s marquee commercial real estate investment marketplace.
The Senior Product Manager will use collaborative skills, B2C fintech experience, technical depth and problem-solving abilities to identify, prioritize and define features that enrich the investor experience and efficiently administer the online fundraising process. This role will draw on the Senior Product Manager’s e-commerce, marketplace and online transaction management experience to deliver a comprehensive investment and portfolio management experience based on a product roadmap developed collaboratively with the VP of Product.
The Senior Product Manager will serve as a collaborative member of the Product Team that includes Engineering, have frequent interactions with CrowdStreet executives, engage with both internal and external customers, report to the VP of Product and be based in CrowdStreet’s Portland headquarters.
- Collaborate with the VP of Product to establish a vision for the evolution of all investor-facing, transactional and offering management functionality, develop a product roadmap and execute against the product plan
- Define and design product solutions to identified business needs and strategic initiatives by collaborating with Designers, Engineers, and cross-functional team members
- Prioritize features and enhancements using Jira and make trade-off decisions for sprint planning based on rational business arguments
- Engage with investors on the Customer Advisory Board (CAB) to discuss product needs, validate upcoming designs and gain direct customer feedback
- Lead a weekly cross-functional defect triage team and make defect resolution decisions
- Review and triage enhancement requests escalated by customers and internal teams
- Test and validate new feature to confirm that requirements are achieved
- Create release summaries and present release highlights
- Assist internal and external customers expand their knowledge and usage of the product
- Contribute to strategic initiatives to grow the business and expand strategic partnerships
- Promote a collaborative and constructive culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- 5+ years of product management experience identifying customer needs, prioritizing requests, developing roadmaps, defining requirements and releasing successful software solutions
- Experience defining requirements for an online B2C fintech solution, ideally for a company focused on e-commerce (e.g. Amazon or eBay), brokerage services (e.g. eTrade or Charles Schwab), consumer banking, investment management (e.g. Personal Capital or Betterment) or payment processing
- Experience being accountable to the P&L of a product line and managing the trade-offs necessary to balance strategic and tactical pressures to both meet short-term financial objectives while guiding long-term strategic growth
- Experience and comfort managing a large backlog of product requests, defects and strategic initiatives ideally using Jira or a similar tool
- Customer-centric mindset, charisma, and empathy necessary to listen actively to a customer’s product needs, ask clarifying questions and fully understand use cases
- Ability to multi-task deliverables across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, complete assigned tasks on-time and consistently meet high-quality standards
- Excellent collaborative skills working with a cross-functional team to ideate options to solve complex business problems and create designs that delight users
- Experience working with SQL databases and comprehending data models
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in SaaS software development, Agile SDLC and web technologies
- Experience conducting research studies using varying methodologies to assess customer needs, identify strategic differentiators and determine product development priorities
- BS or MS degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering, preferably with an MBA
- The ideal candidate will have Finance or Accounting experience and/or commercial real estate experience
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.