ESS Inc. is a fast-growing, venture-backed, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR.
ESS has developed and is now producing an advanced flow battery technology for commercial,
industrial, and utility-scale applications. With a team that boasts decades of experience in
distributed power generation and energy storage technologies, ESS Inc. has developed an
extremely cost-effective energy storage system that combines a safe, abundant and non-toxic iron
electrolyte with our patented flow cell design and system controls. This combination of high
performance with low cost means that ESS Inc’s technology is ideally suited for applications that
range in size from commercial energy management to utility-scale renewables integration.
ESS Inc. is seeking a dynamic Sales Support Representative with strong skills in qualifying
potential customers, communicating value propositions and supporting the sales and marketing
process in the clean energy space. The role will focus on working with potential customers to
develop them into qualified sales leads, managing the tracking of opportunities in CRM,
supporting the Sales team in closing business and assist marketing in developing campaigns and
This position will report into the Sales organization in ESS Inc., while interacting with engineering,
finance and marketing departments. The Sales Support Representative will be a key member of
the Sales team and is heavily involved in the qualification of inbound leads, proposal preparation
and supporting the sales and marketing efforts of ESS Inc. As an integral member of the customer
engagement team, this inside sales support position will be based in Wilsonville, OR with
occasional, but, minimal travel required.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for customer success and clean energy, will thrive in a
fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, be self-motivated and have an interest in disruptive, cutting
edge technology. Someone who understands the culture, the rigor and the challenges of a startup environment.
• Manage inbound sales leads, and engage with potential customers, to qualify for ESS Inc.
sales follow up activity.
26440 SW Parkway Ave.
Wilsonville, OR 97070
• Work with marketing team to generate highly qualified leads for the Energy WarehouseTM
and Energy CenterTM storage solutions.
• Support the development of sales collateral, documentation and customer communications,
to include sales proposals.
• Manage sales documentation between customers and ESS Inc. from initial order, through
commissioning and with post-sale service activity.
• Educate customers on the attributes and specifications of the Energy WarehouseTM and
Energy CenterTM storage solutions.
• Keep CRM accurate and up to date, tracking metrics and generating periodic reports for
• Support management and Sales group in the development of presentations and reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing (desired), or >2 years experience in sales
support role in clean energy hardware or energy efficiency sales.
• Experience in the clean energy space; ideally in renewables, energy efficiency or energy
• Experience communicating product value propositions and qualifying customer needs.
• Advance level skills in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word programs.
• Demonstrated understanding of commercial energy concepts and economics for energy
• Must be a "self-starter" and follow tasks through to completion with little guidance.
• Must be able to work in a Team environment to collectively solve problems.
• Must be able to multi-task several projects and prioritize workload to meet business specific
• Comfortable in fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, affable, and demonstrated maturity and
• Exceptional spelling and grammar skills, reasoning ability and attention to detail.
• Able to work in a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team environment with
flexibility to engage with customers around the globe.
• U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency required.