The Riveter is looking for an experienced product designer to collaborate with our technology team in creating a world class digital experience for our members. This person should have 3+ years of experience in product development, from ideation to launch— plus familiarity with agile/lean and Human Centered Design principles.
We are open to candidates anywhere in the USA. Our HQ is based in Seattle and we run our product team with members outside of the state.
As a core member of our product team, you’ll be responsible for delivering design solutions ranging from research and strategy (UX, IA), interactions (IxD), visuals (UI) and validation (testing).
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with the development team to fulfill next steps and deliver on design to help your team build the product
- Confidently articulate and objectively explain your design decisions and deliverables to your team and stakeholders
- Collaborate with product team leaders on how to improve your skills and advance your product’s success
You’re Our Ideal Teammate if You:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Have 3+ years of working experience in a startup or agency environment
- Are familiar with solving problems across multiple technology platforms (eg. browsers, applications, operating systems, mobile and connected devices, other hardware)
- Are proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, and prototyping tools
- Understand development practices and experience directly collaborating with development teams
- Have experience designing community oriented tools
- Take a data centric approach to design and iteration
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Are proactive and adaptive in a quickly moving startup environment
- Are passionate about participating in a culture that values collaboration, feedback and transparency.