We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors unparalleled access to CRE investment opportunities. Founded in 2014, CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. Our momentum is building; we’ve just crossed over the $500 million mark in CRE investing, we have over 50,000 members in our investor community and over 300 customers, all of which demonstrates that online real estate investing is here to stay. We are the winner of the 2019 Rising Star Award in the annual Oregon Technology Awards and 2018 CRETech Crowdfunding & Capital Sourcing Award. Our headquarters are in downtown Portland overlooking Pioneer Square, the “living room” of the city. We offer great benefits and a fantastic culture. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
About the Role
We are looking for an executive-level Capital Markets professional located in Portland, Oregon, reporting to the CEO who will lead, build and accelerate a capital markets team that secures the highest quality sponsors for the CrowdStreet Platform. As the VP of Capital Markets, you will lead the relationships with the top commercial real estate owners, operators and developers (“Sponsors”) in the U.S. The VP of Capital Markets is responsible for business development activities focused on growing our customer base of ‘best in class’ CRE Sponsors who bring their qualified deals to the CrowdStreet Marketplace. The candidate must be collaborative and experienced in working in a close-knit and fast paced technology driven environment. The VP of Capital Markets will develop a consistent, measurable, and repeatable sales process that utilizes a defined sales methodology that optimizes a team of CRE sales professionals to consistently originate quality deal flow for the CrowdStreet Marketplace.
The Success Profile:
- Grow Revenue: Build the team and the processes that support revenue targets
- Build the Team: Hire CRE Professionals who have proven experience and networks.
- Manage the Team: Develop sales processes including pipeline growth strategy
- Drive the Team: Develop sales comp plans that attract and retain a top-tier CRE team
- Be the Voice of Sales: Within the organization and the industry
- Create partnerships in the company: Work with Marketing, Investor Relations, Services, Product and People organizations to integrate sales to leverage the wisdom of the company and drive cross-departmental initiatives to support sales.
- Be data-driven: Lead our Sales Operations function to systematically use data analytics to continually identify and refine our data-driven sales process.
- Create a team-oriented sales culture: Create synergies with the Investments team to have a flawless and efficient deal flow.
What You Must Have:
- Experience scaling a capital markets sales organization
- 8+ years of running a high performance outside sales team specifically in the CRE space and direct experience working with Sponsors
- A network of trusted relationships with key decision makers across the CRE industry
- Exceptional understanding of CRE, financing, valuation, acquisitions/dispositions, private equity real estate, capital advisory services into Sponsors
- Documented experience driving revenue to meet targets/growth metrics
- Understanding of the business dynamics, sales environments, issues, trends, technical advancements, and sales cycles
- Strategically negotiating with enterprise level accounts to close business
- Proven ability to manage strategic sales planning and operational discipline with attention to detail and time management.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications.