At Customer.io we believe that businesses who create strong relationships with their customers will outperform the ones that don’t.
We’re working to make Customer.io the default choice for any internet business to deliver great, automated customer experiences at scale. Customer.io is used by over 1200 businesses to create continuity after a person leaves a website or mobile app. Every message (receipts, win-backs, and on-boarding) across every channel (email, push, sms and more) can be managed and measured in Customer.io.
We’re looking for a product-focused Front End Engineer to build fast, intuitive interfaces in Ember.js. In this role, you’ll have a direct impact on the product with a high degree of ownership and freedom. We understand that you might not have all the skills we've listed, and that's okay. If you have a combination of some of the items listed and you're interested in developing in the others, we want to hear from you!
Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate and highly effective. We offer a lot of opportunity to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact. Other members of our frontend team have backgrounds in a wide variety of industries, from creative agencies to education, and we believe that embracing our unique perspectives and expertise is key to our success as a collaborative team.
We value diversity, and as a distributed company are committed to giving you the flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world, on a schedule that fits your family and your life.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to and maintain our growing design system,
- Collaborate with the product, design, and backend engineering teams throughout the development of frontend features,
- Learn, practice, and share with your coworkers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration, and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together,
- Work with our tech support teams to diagnose operational issues and help our customers to achieve their goals with our product.
What we're looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way,
- Experience working with customers and applying a deep understanding of their needs to produce timely solutions to their real-world problems,
- A solid understanding of how to create frontend web applications that are both accessible and performant,
- Comfort working in UNIX environments and applying modern collaborative development practices,
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred.
More about Customer.io
We're a profitable, remote-first SaaS company with employees all over the world, and an office in Portland, Oregon. We process more than 7 billion API requests every month to help 1200+ companies to communicate better with their customers. We believe in our goal of helping companies build meaningful, positive relationships with their customers though their digital interactions - and strive to lead by example with our own customer interactions.
For more information about our benefits and what it's like to work at Customer.io, check out our careers page: https://customer.io/careers/
- Flexible working hours
- 20 vacation days every year you're encouraged to use
- Full health, vision and dental insurance for you and your family
- We offer paid parental leave to all new parents, including parents who are adopting
- Monthly allowance for health and wellness
- A budget for the office equipment you'll need to do your best work from home, or at a coworking space in your area
- $2000 USD yearly to put towards education, training and conferences to help further your career
- Company retreats twice a year, in locations all over the world
We are passionate about our core values: Responsibility, Empathy and Transparency (and resolved to our Awkwardness) and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
At Customer.io, we’re committed to building a diverse environment and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups. We want people with different backgrounds from the team we have today to bring their perspective and thoughtfulness to the work that we do and the culture we foster.
We want to build and maintain a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment where everyone has the opportunity to learn, mentor, and grow. We know that diverse teams make better products, and especially encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply — if you have any questions, please reach out. We don’t want “culture fit”, but “culture add.” We want people with different backgrounds from the team we have today to bring their perspective and thoughtfulness to the work that we do and the culture we’re always working to build.