Hi there. We’re Bumped. A tech company on a mission to build meaningful, lasting relationships between customers and companies by turning loyal shoppers into shareholders. Along the way, we make the (traditional, sometimes stodgy) stock market more approachable, understandable, and—dare we say it—fun.
You can see the details about our culture in the section below, but to summarize: we’re building something great to help turn everyone into an owner, and partnering with brands that are passionate about relationships with their customers. After all, it's not about us. It's about customers and the brands they love, loving them back.
We are looking to welcome someone to our user support team. This role is made for someone that has strong technical skills, problem solving, and approaches challenges with curiosity. The main responsibility of this role is responding directly to our users to resolve issues both with the Bumped mobile app and the Bumped rewards platform.
User support agents earn between $18-$22 hourly, as well as health insurance benefits, vacation pay, stock options, and a lot of opportunities for growth.
- Provide first-tier and escalation support for Bumped users
- Translate complex technical problems to a non-technical audience
- Become a Bumped product expert to investigate and provide information about on-going issues to other support agents and Engineering
- Proactively improve processes by suggesting changes across support workflows and tools
- Act as a liaison between users and other internal teams including Engineering and Product when surfacing bugs, incidents and product feedback
- Additional duties will include reviewing account data daily
Experience & Skills
Humility is our #1 job requirement. We hope that candidates will bring the following competencies and expertise, not their ego.
- Strong writing and communication skills are a must
- Customer support within a fast-paced startup environment
- Open to ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities
- Comfort and agility using new technologies and digital collaboration tools
- Prior experience with a support ticketing platform
- Demonstrated ability of technical proficiency administering applications and comfort with learning minimal levels of coding in standard query languages
Working at Bumped
Here at Bumped, we believe in a culture of leadership. That means that all of our employees...
Own It: Leaders own results—whether things go right or wrong. We hold ourselves and each other accountable, we learn from our mistakes, we don’t point fingers.
Get the Big Picture: Always seek to understand what’s happening beneath the surface—from how we make company decisions to how your team prioritizes projects. Ask questions when you don’t understand directives or decisions. It’s much easier to believe in a mission when you fully understand it, as opposed to doing so simply because it was a directive.
Assess Your Alignment: Make sure everything you do—on an org, team, or project-level—is aligned with our overarching company goals and values. We must move in the same direction, or nothing will get done.
Be Advanced Humans: We value diversity, inclusivity, and humility. We’re working hard to do something big, and we never lose sight of ethics and respect for all.
Let’s build something great, together
If Bumped’s mission resonates and you feel like a fit for this role, submit your resume and cover letter. Make sure to include the role title in the subject line.