Hi there. We’re Bumped. A tech company on a mission to build meaningful, lasting relationships between customers and companies by turning loyal shoppers into shareholders. Along the way, we make the (traditional, sometimes stodgy) stock market more approachable, understandable, and—dare we say it—fun.
You can see the details about our culture in the section below, but to summarize: we’re building something great to help turn everyone into an owner, and partnering with brands that are passionate about relationships with their customers. After all, it's not about us. It's about customers and the brands they love, loving them back.
We’d like to add a junior to mid-level Front End Engineer to a dynamic technology team. This team is excited about what we are doing and are energized by our social mission, helping people while creating a new market dynamic. We are looking for someone who is passionate about collaborating, solving problems, and all things design, code, and front-end related. If you are the kind of person that can take ownership of what you’re building and feel pride in your contribution, then Bumped may be the right fit for you.
This role will likely have a lot of responsibilities that revolve around taking our current product and helping finesse it into a well-oiled machine with a lot of polish. We're bringing a platform to life and giving it the work it needs to be something that helps people and makes them feel delighted to use it.
- Work with our team to learn, create, and iterate.
- Design, build, and maintain front-end features of the Bumped app and other internally/externally facing user-interfaces
- Work with the Product and Design teams to ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize solutions for speed and scalability
- Be able and willing to wear multiple metaphorical hats and contribute in whatever capacity is needed to ensure mutual success
- Work constructively with others to discuss potential solutions, make a decision as a team, and move forward decisively and quickly. Be able to align with and support the team’s direction.
Experience & Skills
Humility is our #1 job requirement. We hope that candidates will bring the following competencies and expertise, not their ego. If you get the impression that you would be a great fit at Bumped, but don’t necessarily have experience with all skills below, that is okay. We are looking for someone who can find what they love and own it.
Core skill requirements:
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate clear communication within your team and across the organization
- Demonstrated experience with animations
- Broad knowledge of web standards, trends, and cross-browser compatibility
- Passion to implement and advise on accessibility, performance, and usability
Advantageous skills include:
- TypeScript or any strictly typed language
- GraphQL and Relay
- React Native and Expo or other deployment framework
- Experience with unit and functional testing methodologies
- Building reusable components and design systems
Working at Bumped
Here at Bumped, we believe in a culture of leadership. That means that all of our employees...
Own It: Leaders own results—whether things go right or wrong. We hold ourselves and each other accountable, we learn from our mistakes, we don’t point fingers.
Get the Big Picture: Always seek to understand what’s happening beneath the surface—from how we make company decisions to how your team prioritizes projects. Ask questions when you don’t understand directives or decisions. It’s much easier to believe in a mission when you fully understand it, as opposed to doing so simply because it was a directive.
Assess Your Alignment: Make sure everything you do—on an org, team, or project-level—is aligned with our overarching company goals and values. We must move in the same direction, or nothing will get done.
Be Advanced Humans: We value diversity, inclusivity, and humility. We’re working hard to do something big, and we never lose sight of ethics and respect for all.
Let’s build something great, together
If Bumped’s mission resonates and you feel like a fit for this role, submit your resume and cover letter. Make sure to include the role title in the subject line.