Join our R&D team to help us develop genome editing tools, products, protocols and services to advance scientific discovery. This is a collaborative, team‐based role with the responsibility to perform Molecular Biology and C. elegans screening tasks for R&D discovery and development projects. As you will be joining a growing biotech company, adaptability and ability to work in a dynamic environment are a must.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform molecular biology assays including PCR, qPCR, and gel electrophoresis.
- C. elegans culture and maintenance.
- Follow protocols for phenotype screening.
- Working knowledge of basic laboratory equipment and protocols, including solution preparation and dilution series.
- Document laboratory progress.
- Communicate effectively with teammates.
- All other assignments as directed.
- BSc in Biology or related field, or combination of education and experience equivalence
- Minimum 12 months laboratory experience
- Solid mathematic and calculation skills
- Ability to apply the scientific method and similar logical skills to problem solving
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Docs or similar software
- Ability to work proficiently and efficiently on time sensitive issues
- Well‐organized and detail oriented
- Capability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong work ethic and commitment to completing assigned tasks
- Health and Dental coverage
- Potential Stock Option incentives
- Parking and public transit assistance
To become part of our team, please advance a CV/resume and cover letter. Please include “Laboratory Technician” in the subject line and opening of your cover letter.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer.
NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.