As a Senior Product Designer you will function as the design leader and main resource on your functional team, spearheading projects to synthesize goals, insights, and variables to articulate possible solutions. You'll need a clear perspective and confident judgment on how to create great product experiences, while keeping an open mind and a listening ear for the next great insight. Your impact will be felt on every iteration your team releases, and you'll regularly contribute to the conversation with the greater design discipline.
At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with a Product Manager and Engineering Manager to identify opportunities the team can pursue, and break them down into iterative releases that deliver value.
- Apply and inform industry best-practices in the context of project work, in alignment with expectations from the greater product design team.
- Facilitate and conduct evaluative and small-scope generative design research; creates UX documentation, visual assets and prototypes as needed to fulfill team project objectives.
- Collaborate with your team and other designers to procure feedback and iterate on work, as well as customer-facing team members and customers to validate solutions.
- Provide consistent visibility into progress to leadership through reviews and check-ins.
- Use customer conversations and user interviews as opportunities to validate design solutions.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in Product Design, UX Design, or comparable experience
- Demonstrated experience designing solutions for software applications that have shipped, and iterating on your learnings
- A demonstrated understanding of application user experience from both consumer and enterprise products on a variety of platforms and contexts, both browser and native mobile.
- Portfolio that clearly conveys various design skills, including lean research and testing, interaction and interface design, as well as writing and presenting.
- Comfortable adapting to various tools for executing on your work, including Sketch and Abstract
- Strong collaborative skills — comfortable leading workshops, interviewing customers and working with internal teams.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Educational background in HCI or Design fundamentals is preferred
Opal employees enjoy a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Medical, Dependent Care, Transit, Commuter
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A beautiful office space with plenty of snacks, Stumptown coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.