Level: Minimum of 2 years general work experience
Salary: Commensurate upon experience
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full-time
Job Category: Manufacturing
The Renewal Workshop seeks a full-time hourly workshop associate to help renew and prepare apparel for sale. This role will have a primary focus on Laundry, Pre-Sorting Product, barcoding, and Sorting product.
Position Summary: This dynamic role will enable the company to deliver its purpose of keeping apparel, home goods, and bags out of landfill. This role primarily includes laundry (C02 cleaning, wet wash, and spot cleaning), pre-sorting and sorting, entering data into the system, and barcoding.
Specific Role Requirements:
- Sort Laundry according to laundry type, wet wash CO2, Spot cleaning
- Operate multiple industrial laundry machines
- Load/unload and move large volumes of clothing. Up to 50lbs per load.
- Fold and organize washed laundry
- Selecting boxes for sort based according to the production plan
- Opening boxes and pre-sorting products into specific categories
- Adding barcodes to products
- Sorting product and adding attributes into the Renewal Workshop computer system
- Organizing product into the correct laundry categories
- Entering data into the computer system about the product
- Keeping the sort area clean and organized
- Organize products based on product types and brands
- Organize boxes and warehouse space
- Track products and report back to various roles
Education & Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years or older
- Apparel industry and/or manufacturing experience a big plus
- Previous industrial laundry experience a plus
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Hand dexterity is required
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Computer literate with Windows operating system, Word, Excel and comfortable learning new applications
- Complete job duties within given time constraints
- Works well with change
- Cross-train between several different departments
- Pursues continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and workflow
- Cleans and maintains work area
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multifunctional team-oriented work environment
- Demonstrate good attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work variable hours with short notice when needed
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as set forth by The Renewal Workshop
- Basic knowledge of English language with good verbal and written communication skills
You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must have close visual acuity to view a computer screen; prepare and analyze data and information; transcribe information; and read.
- Must be able to identify colors accurately
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person).
- Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Must be able to carry/lift; ability to carry boxes or other facility equipment up to 50lbs in weight.
- Must be able to stand/sit at computer workstations for long periods of time during shift.
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and home goods brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and develop new customer relationships through our Renewal Services. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling.
We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers the full value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Any interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume.