Welcome to Bigleaf – we keep businesses connected to the cloud! Wonder how that works? Check out the videos on our homepage: http://www.bigleaf.net
Our business is growing quickly and we have big plans! We’re looking for a full-time Accounting Manager to oversee the daily operations of the accounting department and run the financial reporting process. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our CFO and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company. Bigleaf is a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and you’ll wear multiple hats, but here’s an overview:
Oversee day-to-day accounting operations, including:
Manage the financial reporting process, including:
- Accounts Payable / Receivable
- General Ledger
- Cash Forecasting
- Fixed Asset activity tracking
- Inventory management
Establish and enforce proper accounting policies, procedures, and controls, including:
- Month-end financial close process
- Monthly financial statements and other reports for management and BOD
- Journal entries
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Revenue and Expenditure variance analysis
- Ensure financial statements are fully GAAP compliant in order to be reviewed or audited in the future.
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in the Chart of Accounts and accuracy in the General Ledger.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices, including monitoring emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability.
- Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls and proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
- Ensure compliance with B&O tax, 1099s, and other regulatory reporting requirements.
Not required, but would be nice to have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager or Accounting Supervisor.
- Proven knowledge of SFAS and GAAP rules, control procedures, laws and regulations.
- Accomplished human resource skills in directing, coaching, training and reviewing staff.
- A strong attitude of service towards co-workers and customers combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- A desire and ability to learn new systems as we are currently in the process of adopting a new ERP system.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to be flexible (and have fun!) as you work in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- ASC 718 Stock Option and Equity accounting experience.
- ASC 606 Revenue Recognition for SaaS accounting experience.
- Sales Tax assessment and remittance experience.
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks online and Expensify.
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role please send along a resume and cover letter/email of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a stock options plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.