Opal is seeking a Technical Project Manager to serve as the link between our customers, Product Team, Customer Success Team, and leadership to manage project workflows, deliverables, prioritize tasks, and support direction of Opal platform development.
At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
What you’ll do:
- Participate & facilitate in Product focused customer calls and meetings
- Assist with the identification and documentation of customers' needs and desires
- Capture customer insights and feedback to share with the Product team, providing context for further understanding
- Understands our strategic direction and is able to identify initiatives that fall in our out of our goals
- Work with our Customers, Customer Success team, and Product team to define, scope, plan and manage projects
- Partner with the Product Leadership to establish and enforce priorities and release delivery deadlines
- Prioritize feedback and work with Product teams to respond appropriately to feedback from many sources
- Work cross-functionally within Opal to ensure a consistent user experience with Opal
- Work with our Product team, designers, engineers, engineering managers, and other stakeholders to build, maintain, and execute on a roadmap
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information to stakeholders
- Own all elements of project planning and execution: budgets, meetings, timelines, scope, documentation, communications and risks
- Exercise independent judgement while owning your workflow and prioritizing projects from various stakeholders and escalating to make the tough calls
- Attend daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint planning, demos, and other scrum related activities
- Contribute to improving project management practices around teams, process, and toolsets for Opal
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of experience in project management, digital production, product management, or other applicable roles
- Direct work experience in the digital realm and knowledge of development project life cycles.
- Direct work experience with a variety of software development methodologies and project management tools.
- Knowledge of iterative and incremental development and the value of metrics.
- Strong track record of defining and launching excellent products, ideally targeted to a marketing audience.
- Excellent personal time management, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Empathy for customer feedback, while understanding the importance of a long-term product vision.
- Highly effective communicator, superb listening skills.
- Ability to sell an idea; an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A great attitude and constant desire to learn.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Experience, with Attlassian, Google, and Microsoft Product suites
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
Nice to have:
- PMP Certification or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree required, or equivalent experience, studies, or certifications
Opal employees enjoy a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid individual Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A beautiful office space with plenty of snacks, Stumptown coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.