Cloudability is on the leading edge of cloud cost management and optimization. We use the latest technologies to help our customers understand, visualize, and take control of their cloud costs. Building our application requires a deep understanding of our problem domain and a passion for technical challenges. As a Software Engineer, you will work closely with your team to build the Cloudability platform while honing your craft.
The Usage Optimization team is a cross-functional engineering team in charge of building and maintaining our rightsizing and workload placement features. The team owns each phase of development with embedded project management, design, operations, and data specialists as well as full stack engineers. They are responsible for feature design, development, performance, deployment, and support for the lifecycle of the product. The Usage Optimization team is located in Portland, OR and we expect new team members to join us on site. We work together in one-week sprints. The team participates in shared on-call duties, each of us takes a week of on-call at a time (currently one week on, four off).
As a Software Engineer at Cloudability, you will work closely with the Usage Optimization Team to understand the problem domain and technical challenges of the team. You will be responsible for core functionality and strategic direction of the team’s features. Additionally, you will mentor members of the team to become more proficient software engineers. You will be expected to participate in code reviews, provide constructive feedback and direct learning through focused questions. Above all, you will work as a member of the team to provide our customers with a great product while you help grow a strong engineering team.
In a typical week, you will:
- Participate in code reviews, providing feedback, and giving direction
- Join daily standups to discuss project status, new projects, and blocking issues
- Participate in communities of practice, technical lunch & learn sessions, and engineering book clubs to continue learning
- Commit code to our production systems as well as participate in the testing and validation of new features
The Interview Process
- You apply for an open position
- If your application is a good match for the role, you will have a virtual chat with the hiring manager
- If all goes well, we will have you come into our office for an in-person interview. You will meet with members of several teams: design, engineering, and product
- We commit to making a decision and following up with an offer or an explanation within a week
- We are happy to work through the process on a timeline that respects your schedule and current employment status
We provide competitive market pay, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Company-paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, as well as Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k), Unlimited PTO and Paid holidays including Boxing Day
- Flexible time off to volunteer in the community and annual donation matching
- Wellness and Commuter Benefits (which may include company-paid parking)
- 12 weeks of paid leave for the primary caregiver
- Dog friendly office + weekly yoga + coffee (plenty of tea as well)
- A work environment that allows you to be yourself