We’re looking for exceptional Senior Frontend Engineers that believe the best products come from a blend of technology and design. We foster this by combining engineering and design into one team. This enables engineers to have a voice from the beginning of a project’s life cycle and designers to shape a project up until it ships.
Opal is a robust web application primarily powered by Ruby on Rails that drives a user interface driven by React, Backbone, and Marionette. We are integrating new technologies that will allow us to build a better product and service the needs of our rapidly growing customer base. All members of the engineering team help define the future of our technology stack.
At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration, and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
What you’ll do:
- Help to implement new product features in frameworks like React while supporting legacy applications in frameworks like Backbone
- Work closely with team mates to design and implement server-side APIs in Ruby on Rails using JSONAPI and OpenAPI standards
- Work closely with designers to help implement best-of-breed user interfaces and interactions
- Work cooperatively with the design team to s discuss, design and implement user interactions and user interface
- Actively participate in processes like code reviews improve the quality of code for yourself and the team. Share your experience and best practices with engineers throughout the organization.
- Take part in product brainstorms to help set product direction and think up the next big thing
- Have opportunities to learn and gain first-hand experience in many different disciplines; client side, server side, platform operations and release engineering.
- Be exposed to new tools, design patterns, programming languages and frameworks.
- Lend a helping hand, or ear, whenever necessary
What you’ll bring:
- The ability to build out clean, maintainable HTML/CSS
- A working knowledge of server-side web application frameworks such as Ruby/Rails and Elixir/Phoenix
- Great communication, even under pressure, and willingness to be open and collaborative
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
Opal employees enjoy a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Medical, Dependent Care, Transit, Commuter
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A beautiful office space with plenty of snacks, Stumptown coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.