At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to orchestrate campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will lead the charge to ensure the Opal platform is well-positioned with existing and future customers to maximize their value and contribute to company sales growth. You will leverage customer insights to develop and execute on a go-to-market (GTM) strategy. We’re looking for someone who has a strong sense of what makes for phenomenal messaging that compels people to action, and a relentless pursuit to optimize Opal’s efforts in driving meaningful customer engagement.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager holds a high bar for defining and developing strategic marketing activities, and the success metrics, measurement methods, and reporting processes for their efforts.
What you’ll do:
- Develop GTM strategy and execute on tactical plans for new product innovation and existing platform capabilities
- Define Opal’s positioning and messaging by creating compelling content and use cases to help customers understand Opal’s value propositions
- Build marketing programs to increase customer awareness and adoption of Opal features
- Collaborate across stakeholders in Product, Education, Customer Success, Sales and Marketing to craft and deploy strategic and tactical messages to a variety of Opal audiences
- Translate insights from research and data into marketing messaging and differentiated content that improves awareness of and engagement with our products and features
- Work with Product team to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
- Collaborate with the Sales and Customer Success teams, and own development of collateral including product collateral, website content, enablement training and full-funnel demand generation content
- Collaborate with the Opal Product Team on key opportunities, roadmap and key launch messaging to core audiences (internal and external)
- Craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (e.g., product videos, webinars, customer success stories, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides)
- Conduct research and competitive analysis to understand and communicate Opal’s unique position in the marketplace
- Synthesize Opal’s key capabilities, benefits, and industry-focused use cases for target customer segments and buyer personas
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of experience in a product marketing role, developing innovative go-to-market strategies for B2B technology platform provider (bonus - experience marketing to marketers)
- Experience leading product marketing efforts within a technology startup in growth stage
- Demonstrated track record of driving change and successful projects, with well-defined results that connect directly to business objectives
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution, managing priorities and staying organized throughout
- An eye for visually compelling design and detail, and commitment to make all marketing elements on-brand and uniquely Opal
- Strong writing and editing acumen, with the ability to simplify complex ideas
- Tolerance for ambiguity, ability to be dedicated in a dynamic environment, maturity to prioritize and understand where to introduce new processes without slowing things down
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing landscape and enterprise software
- Excellent analytical skills with a “test and learn” mindset
- Self-starter, comfortable with autonomy, entrepreneurial spirit
- Life-long learner with a growth mindset, and eager to improve each day
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or equivalent experience
Opal employees enjoy a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid individual Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Medical, Dependent Care, Transit, Commuter
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A beautiful office space with plenty of snacks, Stumptown coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.