At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
We are looking for an accomplished Field and Events Marketing Manager, who is a growth-minded marketer and brand advocate with a passion for delighting customers at every stage of the buyer’s journey. Working towards the goal of contributing to growth targets, you will plan and manage strategic programs to build awareness, strengthen thought leadership, and increase demand for Opal across our North America and EMEA territories.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker and strong communicator who is exceptional at messaging and tailoring marketing programs to reach and appeal to specific personas and audience segments. Your attention to details and outcomes - big and small - are evident in every assignment you touch.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate, conceptualize, and execute engaging field marketing initiatives and customer experiences that nurture Opal brand awareness and develop relationships with prospects, customers and partners
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to identify and plan marketing programs that increase qualified leads, build pipeline, and support customer retention
- Define, execute, and collaborate on Opal branded events, along with sponsored and partner event programs, including: event roadmap and timeline, key success metrics and reporting, overall messaging, audience awareness and demand generation, email communication campaigns, speaker content and collateral, vendor management, event website and registration, promotional strategy, and all event logistics and budget
- Strengthen and grow our own Opal Brand Futures and user Community event series
- Confidently wrangle internal and external stakeholders and resources to flawlessly project manage the execution of events and campaigns
- Collaborate with senior leaders, Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure event goals and activation plans are strategically aligned with business objectives
- Project manage key deliverables throughout the entire event lifecycle, including event communication and promotion, collateral and merchandise, and seller enablement
- Define, measure and analyze program performance metrics, including budget management, to drive future marketing decisions and optimize activation strategy
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience planning and executing all components of a varied field marketing and event portfolio including user conferences, strategic sponsorships, trade shows, thought leadership platforms, online webinars and partner programs. Prefer experience in enterprise marketing software.
- Determination and follow-through in designing creative customer experiences that generate buzz, meaningful conversations, and new qualified leads
- Reputation for executing events that delight the audience and make business impact, on time and on budget
- Skilful negotiations with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget
- Deep understanding of event industry norms such as venue contracting, speaker proposals, online webinars, registrations, catering, and technology
- Ability to craft messages that are meaningful and relevant to Opal target audience and compels them to take action
- Skilled at effective and timely communications that keep stakeholders updated and escalate when necessary
- A strong personal work ethic, which to us means an eagerness to collaborate with others and roll up your sleeves to get the work done
- Sees challenges as opportunities to stretch your resourcefulness and creative problem-solving skills
- Outrageously detail oriented, enhanced with the ability to move forward amidst ambiguity
- Independent self-starter who can prioritize and drive deliverables to high-quality execution with minimal supervision
- Flexible personality and quick learner who approaches work with a sense of urgency and a bias to action
- Accepts feedback with grace and supports a healthy team dialogue
- Easily builds positive relationships with colleagues, customers, vendors, associations, and partners
- Experience with marketing technology such as SFDC and Marketo
- Willingness to travel for site inspections, planning meetings, and event execution
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or Communications, or equivalent experience
Opal employees enjoy a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Medical, Dependent Care, Transit, Commuter
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A beautiful office space with plenty of snacks, Stumptown coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.