At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration, and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
We are seeking a Business Development Directorwho will lead the development and execution of the Opal Partner Program across technology and platform partners. Reporting to the VP of Sales & Partnerships and working collaboratively across Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success functions, this role will play an important part in executing Opal’s growth strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Opal Partner Program - set direction, build to scale, and own the successful delivery of partner value propositions
- Conceive, design, and execute strategic business development activities across existing and prospective partners
- Balance strategic and tactical objectives to create data and insight backed business cases, to then directly manage the implementation of those plans
- Recruit, develop, nurture, and expand new and existing technology and platform partners
- Develop and negotiate partner agreements - managing the process from discovery, definition, contract, execution, and launch
- Manage relationships with strategic global technology and platform partners
- Partner across Product, Marketing, and Sales to develop and deliver comprehensive partner GTM plans and field activities to achieve business goals
What you’ll bring:
- 15+ years of experience in business development, partner management, or product management driving customer and revenue growth, preferably in B2B software or SaaS environments
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and an ability to convey technical concepts and product features in a relatable way
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans
- A penchant for the details with strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to thrive in a startup, fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Highly analytical with the ability to consume, process and transform large amounts of information into actionable insights
- Commitment to proactive collaboration and accountability - you are prepared, informed, and ready to go in all of your interactions
- Value-focused growth mindset - you see every touchpoint as a chance to create a positive experience for the customer and your team
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Time-zone flexible for meetings, and willingness to travel domestically and internationally to meet with customers, partners, and attend Opal events
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree is a plus
Opal employees enjoy a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid individual Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Medical, Dependent Care, Transit, Commuter
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A beautiful office space with plenty of snacks, Stumptown coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.