Cloudability is on the leading edge of cloud cost management and optimization. We use the latest technologies to help our customers understand, visualize, and take control of their cloud costs. Building our application requires a deep understanding of our problem domain and a passion for technical challenges. As an Engineering Manager you will inspire, mentor, and develop a team that helps build the Cloudability platform.
The Data Platform team is in charge of building and maintaining our data ingestion pipeline, database, and query API. The team is responsible for feature design, development, performance, deployment, and support for the lifecycle of the product. The Data Platform team is located in Portland, OR and we expect new team members to join us on site. We work together in two week sprints. The team participates in shared on-call duties, each of us takes a week of on-call at a time (currently one week on, four off).
As an Engineering on our Data Platform team, you will lead the engineers and help them collaborate to drive shared results. You will ensure your team has the support and direction they need to build features that push the Cloudability platform forward. You will leverage your strong technical background to contribute in design and architectural discussions - coach first, player second. You will join the team in maintaining the services they write and provide support through on-call rotation. Above all, you will support the career growth of our engineers, and continue to drive change and improvement within our organization.
In a typical week, you will:
- Work with the engineering leadership team to discuss existing projects and set direction for all of engineering
- Run a sprint planning meeting where you prioritize new work and set context for the team
- Host daily standups to discuss project status, new projects, and blocking issues
- Get to know your team members and provide constructive feedback during weekly one on one meetings
- Help us grow our engineering teams by interviewing and hiring new engineers
The Interview Process
- You apply for an open position
- If your application is a good match for the role, you will have a virtual chat with the hiring manager
- If all goes well we will have you come into our office for an in-person interview. You will meet with members of several teams: design, engineering, and product
- We commit to making a decision and following up with an offer or an explanation within a week
- We are happy to work through the process on a timeline that respects your schedule and current employment status
We provide competitive market pay, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Company-paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, as well as Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k), Unlimited PTO and Paid holidays including Boxing Day
- Flexible time off to volunteer in the community and annual donation matching
- Wellness and Commuter Benefits (which may include company-paid parking)
- 12 weeks of paid leave for the primary caregiver
- Dog friendly office + weekly yoga + coffee (plenty of tea as well)
- A work environment that allows you to be yourself