Cloudability’s APAC Sales Engineer (SE) plays a very dynamic role. It requires someone who can speak tech and business fluently acting as the customer’s expert guide to managing their cloud spending. You’ll join the growing Sydney-based APAC team and also be a part of the Sales Team.
A typical day may look like this:
You will partner with the Sales team to close a large deal and even contribute to a blog post sharing what you’ve learned while helping to manage millions of dollars of cloud spending.
As a SE, your primarily responsibility is supporting territory and account strategy. This includes delivering tailored solution demonstrations, owning and running the Proof of Value (POV) process, and ensuring prospects deeply understand the value of Cloudability in their day-to-day Financial and Cloud Operations. You will configure the platform to show customized reports and dashboards, and coach prospects on cost efficiency strategy following a proven formula of customer health.
You’ll forge deep relationships—both internally and externally—in your quest to retain and grow customers by constantly showing them increasing value. It’s fast paced, rarely boring and requires constantly exploring new territories.
By combining a deep understanding of customer workflows and technical requirements, collaborating with product management on product development, and articulating customer needs to the Customer Success team when prospects become customers, you will help convert prospects to customers and ensure they are successful (green) as quickly as possible.
What you’ll do:
- Engage regularly with Director and C-Suite level customers as their primary technical point of contact
- Own and manage the Proof of Value (PoV) from a technical perspective
- Oversee the adoption and implementation of Cloudability’s platform for customers
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to help customers ensure they are making the most cost efficient choices
- Analyze customer business objectives and use our platform to build insightful reporting
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments to assist the Support team in resolving issues
- Perform analysis, create decks and present regular operational reviews to customer leadership
- Be the voice of the customer, champion and provide feedback for customer requirements with our Product and Engineering teams
- Contribute educational content, blog posts, and tutorials to help customers derive more value from Cloudability
- Provide a next level customer experience for everyone you deal with
- Travel as needed around APAC to ensure the success of critical prospects
- Offer pre-sales consultation for partners and customers with regards to their cloud efficiency strategy
- Respond to technical and functional elements of RFPs/RFI
- Hiring decisions at Cloudability are as much about team fit as they are about technical knowledge.
- While the order might switch up depending on workloads and calendars, it typically follows this process:
- Your initial screen will likely be with the local account rep, to assess the team dynamics. This may be conducted by phone or face-to-face
- One or more technical screens will follow with the Director of Sales Engineering and the lead Sales Engineer for our EMEA region, to assess technical fit in the role. This is conducted online and will likely involve one more product deep-dive sessions where you can hear and become comfortable with Cloudability’s messaging and value proposition.
- A final interview will be conducted with the VP of Sales, EMEA & APAC
- Once the interviewers have had a chance to collaborate and share their input, a hiring decision will be put forward to our HR department in Portland.
We provide competitive market pay, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Company-paid private medical and dental insurance, as well as disability, death in service and travel insurance
- Pension, with employer contributions, and paid holidays
- Flexible time off to volunteer in the community and annual donation matching
- A work environment that allows you to be yourself