NemaMetrix, an actively growing company in the biotechnology product and services industry is seeking an Assay Development and Screening Scientist. In this position, you will be developing novel behavioral phenotyping techniques to probe the underlying physiology of our transgenic C. elegans models. The key attributes for this role are an ability to creatively problem-solve, apply critical thinking skills and respond to rapidly changing goals.
Director of Development, R&D Department
The Assay Development and Screening Scientist will join our R&D team to help us develop genome editing tools, high content phenotyping products and processes, and custom services to advance scientific discovery. This is a collaborative, team-based role with the responsibility to lead the development and utilization of phenotypic screening methods. You will be developing robust, scalable and reproducible assays for transfer to operations. As you will be joining a growing biotech company, adaptability and ability to work in a dynamic environment are a must.
Responsibilities and Duties
The routine responsibilities for this role are:
- Perform hands-on, high-quality lab work with real impact for the world.
- Adapt and improve existing in vivo experimental protocols to obtain high-throughput and reproducible C. elegans phenotyping data.
- Reduce variability within phenotyping assays by analyzing processes and protocols to identify risk factors, designing experiments to test for and minimize those risks and potential failure points.
- Develop milestones and timelines, and effectively communicate assay development progress with stakeholders.
- Lead and or manage a technical team in the development of assays and their transfer to operations.
- Record results accurately and clearly, reviewing documentation by others and maintaining an organized system where data is gathered.
- Analyze and interprets results, communicating results effectively with R&D team members.
- All other assignments as directed.
- Masters/PhD degree in biology or a related discipline.
- 2 years experience in a research laboratory setting with experience in leading or mentoring small teams or individuals.
- Experience with product development in an industrial setting preferred.
- Preference also given to candidates with prior C. elegans experience.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve difficult and complex multi-factorial problems.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve, apply critical thinking skills and respond to rapidly changing goals
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex scientific data.
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Docs or similar software.
NemaMetrix offers benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, family friendly flex-time, PTO and holiday pay, stock incentive plans, career development and a dog friendly work environment.
When applying please email a resume/CV.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer.
NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.