Business Development Representative at Amplion
Bend, OR, US
Amplion synthesizes the world’s biomedical knowledge to accelerate Precision Medicine and enable confident strategic decisioning in drug and diagnostic development. The company's SaaS platform leverages machine learning to provide actionable intelligence across millions of disparate data sources, delivering the leading solution for pre-clinical and clinical evidence in the Life Sciences industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Representative to join the Marketing team here at Amplion! You are a focused, tenacious and deeply curious - life science, Pharma and SaaS experiences are a plus.
We’re looking for a consultative and tenacious Business Development Representative to join our growing sales team. Help us solve real-world problems that help accelerate Precision Medicine research and development.
What you’ll do:
- Research - Investigate named accounts, identify key contacts based on their role within the named account and qualify new sales opportunities; Work with your dedicated Account Executives to identify ongoing strategic targets; Research your target companies and prepare executive summaries to turn your Account Executive into a guru ahead of their calls.
- Engage - Learn how Amplion solves customer challenges and build the foundation for your career; Demonstrate the value of our offering through phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums; Outbound prospecting to identify key stakeholders by role.
- Qualify - Sales and marketing lead qualification, moving leads into and through the sales funnel, qualifying prospects, and setting up qualified meetings for your Account Executive.
- Collaborate - Diligently update our CRM to stay current on leads and follow-ups; Participate Shadow your dedicated Account Executive in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for next role on the Amplion sales team.
- BA/BS degree preferred, 1-3 years of professional work experience in sales and life science experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener.
- Fearlessness - willing to hop on the phone or craft an engaging email to new people every day and explain Amplion value proposition as it relates to each individual you speak with.
- An obsession with customer happiness - build long term relationships with future customers and set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- The courage and creativity to help shape the growth of a fast-growing startup.
- Flexibility - we have an aggressive product roadmap, so the solutions we are selling today will be different in the future. Things change around here. FAST.
- The intellectual horsepower to be an independent contributor in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning and growing for years to come.
- A deep understanding of Precision Medicine and the key strategic roles that shape discovery and development in the Pharma and Diagnostics segments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.