Level: Minimum of 6 months industrial sewing machine experience required or equivalent training.
Salary:Commensurate upon level of experience
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full Time
Job Category: Manufacturing
The Renewal Workshop seeks a full time sewing machine operator and repair technician, with expertise in sewing, assembling, repairing finished products such as apparel and/or equipment (bags).
Position Summary: This dynamic role will assist with many facets of sewing, assembly and repair operations. This individual will work closely with various roles in order to meet daily production demands. These duties will require the successful operation of an industrial sewing machine, as well as other machinery to perform duties.
Specific Sew Tech Role Requirements:
- Operate single, double, multi-needle or other sewing machines to repair finished apparel and/or other products
- Perform sewing duties (i.e. reinforce seams, attach buttons, hooks, repair zippers, etc.)
- Assist in different aspects of the department to assure work flow (i.e. labeling, quality control/assurance, steam/press of products going through the Repair department).
- Assist and ensure that daily production quotas are met
- Identify/maintain product integrity and quality of work at all times
- Maintain strict and precise attention to detail of repairs, adhering to company repair/quality manual
- May perform minor maintenance of machinery as necessary
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
Education & Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years or older
- Vocational training in sewing at a professional school and/or work experience preferred
- Working knowledge and experience using an industrial sewing machines, other machinery and various hand tools to perform duties related to apparel manufacturing and repair
- Working knowledge and experience with apparel and textiles manufacturing, repair and assembly
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Hand dexterity is required
- Attention to detail is a must and an ability to be focused for long periods of time
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Complete job duties within given time frame
- Flexibility to cross-train between several different departments throughout the company (i.e. sort, laundry, pick, pack)
- Continual ability to improve efficiency of job duties and work flow
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment. Demonstrate good attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work variable hours with short notice when needed
- Practical knowledge connecting accurate thread color to products
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure and understand measurements.
- Ability to follow all pre-established installation and quality methods, procedures and guidelines to ensure consistency of work
- Basic knowledge of English language with good verbal and written communication skills
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as set forth by The Renewal Workshop
You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must have close visual acuity tonotice errors and/or defects.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include color vision (test will be performed)
- Sewing test will be given during interview
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person).
- Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Must be able to carry/lift; ability to carry boxes or other facility equipment up to 45lbs in weight.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and home goods brands. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection, and Textile Recycling R&D. Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Apparel, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers the full value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Any interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume .