Marketing and Content Manager at Sseko
Portland, OR, US
Sseko Designs is a footwear and accessories company based in Portland, Oregon. All of our products are designed for the western market and are produced through fair trade partnerships in Uganda, Ethiopia and India. We are passionate about beautiful, well-designed footwear and accessories, and we are creating economic and educational opportunities for women across the globe.
We are looking for a creative, people-loving, hard-working marketing professional. This role will lead our marketing efforts from new customer acquisition to driving marketing tactics through our community of direct sellers. Every day we will expect you to help us dream big and take care of the people who have committed to growing with Sseko.
In addition to that you will:
- Plan and manage Online Editorial and Marketing Calendars
- Plan and execute all marketing campaigns by managing and planning assets, communication and strategy
- Manage promotion and incentive calendar for customers, Fellows and Hostesses
- Manage and execute online Fellows, Hostess and Customer acquisition
- Manage and execute all collection launches including visual assets, site merchandising, printed assets, etc
- Produce seasonal photo shoots
- Produce seasonal sales catalogs
- Train sellers on digital marketing tools
- Work with content creators to create on-brand photo content
- Manage customer-generated shareable photo content
- Coordinate Uganda photo and video content
- Create shareable product/style videos
- Create monthly blog content
- Plan quarterly online community events
- Manage email marketing
- Manage brand and partner collaborations, giveaways, and contests
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Hours: M-F: 8 - 5
- Salary DOE: (Estimated 45k+)
- 2 weeks PTO
- Health Insurance
- Retirement matching
- 2+ years marketing experience
- Direct Sales experience preferred but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, start and execute on your ideas
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to extend empathy
- Proficient at all Office products
- Basic understanding of html preferred
- Positive energy!
Why: You will be a part of a young and innovative team that is pioneering the path that merges traditional for-profit business models with positive social change. You will have the opportunity to grow a company and develop a new model for doing business.
This experience will provide an invaluable platform for learning and gaining a deeper understanding of global economic and social development. You will also have the opportunity and privilege of serving alongside a team of young entrepreneurs passionate about socially proactive and responsible business.