Our business is growing quickly and we have big plans for 2019. We’re looking for a full-time Business Development Manager to join our team. While our channel sales team and partners continue to excel, we want to augment sales efforts in specific markets to target strategic customers and opportunities.
Bigleaf is a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
The Position: Full-Time Channel Sales Manager position responsible for identifying, recruiting and managing a base of telecommunications partners in an assigned territory.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible to sell Bigleaf services to new strategic Major Accounts, defined as business customers with 25-250+ locations. This role will encompass all aspects of the sales cycle, including coordinating the appropriate Bigleaf resources needed to prospect, qualify, and close strategic deals. As the Business Development Manager, this person will be managed to quota and expected to develop a business plan to outline key tasks, metrics, responsibilities, and needed resources to meet or exceed that quota.
- Sell Bigleaf services into strategic Major Accounts, defined as customers with 25-250+ business locations
- Develop a 12-month Business Plan to identify, engage, and close large numbers of new major accounts to meet or exceed defined quota
- Augment Bigleaf demand generation with your own efforts, including leveraging past contacts and customers, regional business networking, cold calling/emailing, and other creative ways to initially engage a prospect
- Coordinate internal Bigleaf resources such as Marketing, Sales Engineering, Customer Support, and Executive Team to address the needs and expectations of both prospects and major customers
- Work in concert with Bigleaf Sales and Marketing leadership to focus and refine customer prospecting and demand generation efforts, including direct outreach to prospects
- Assist Provisioning and Support teams to see multi-site customer implementations to a successful completion, ensuring customer satisfaction
- 5+ year background as a Major Account Executive or similar role with technology service providers, focusing on customers with 25-250+ locations
- Previous experience in telecommunications, cloud, or network hardware sales, with a preference towards experience with UTM/firewall or hosted VoIP sales.
- Aggressive and hungry attitude towards sales efforts, yet honest and consultative with customers and other team members
- Familiar and experienced with current demand generation tactics, while still comfortable with traditional prospecting such as cold calling/email and relationship selling
- Ability to successfully present to groups as large as 50 people
- Ability to, when necessary, engage 3rd party resources including channel and wholesale partners to close business
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter approach to identifying and accomplishing goals
- Referenceable track record of exemplifying of our basic values including Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Adaptability, and Reliability
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role please send along a resume and cover letter/email of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a stock options plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.