Founded in 2013, CrowdStreet is the premium provider of online commercial real estate investment marketplace, technology and professional services. Our online marketplace enables investors to directly access institutional-quality commercial real estate offerings with CrowdStreet’s best-in-class technology platform. For CRE firms, CrowdStreet Connect provides a platform to manage investors and investments, and to raise capital to grow their business. CrowdStreet maximizes opportunities for investors by diversifying outside of the traditional avenues of the stock market, better distributing risk and fundamentally transforming real estate investing through technology. Together, we are creating a community where individual investors and CRE firms are working together to maximize wealth through commercial real estate. With more than 100,000 investors now on its platform, and double digit year-over-year growth over the past 3 years, CrowdStreet has emerged as a leader in the space.
To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring a Managing Director, Advisory Sales reporting to the Director of Investor Relations. In this role you will be selling products and services to high net worth individuals and investment groups as well as seeking opportunities to win distribution through key channels such as independent RIAs and other financial advisors.
What You'll Be Doing
The Managing Director is a sales position with a primary responsibility of winning new clients for our Private Managed Account service. Specific activities may include:
- Identifying and contacting prospects (individual investors) for managed account solutions.
- Conducting sales meetings over the phone or in person to educate and win business from prospective clients on new offerings.
- Partnering with Client Relationship Managers to facilitate seamless client onboarding, needs assessment and ongoing service.
- Collaborating with Portfolio Managers to help clients build diversified commercial real estate portfolios.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders including Investments, Sales, Product and Management, as well as key 3rd party consultants, to provide insights that help determine the direction of new offerings and services.
- Providing exceptional service to prospective and current clients to deliver a world class experience.
- Adhering to all applicable rules and regulations pertaining to the role.
What We Must Have
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in financial industry sales including a demonstrated track record of success in a commission-based role focused primarily on B2C financial services.
- Some exposure to commercial real estate - must be conversant on private real estate investments.
- Bachelor’s level degree (Business, Finance, Economics preferred).
- FINRA Series 65 license or equivalent.
Not Required, But Nice to Have
- Commercial Real Estate capital markets experience
- Investor relations or sales experience within a real estate private equity group.
- Experience with Private Placement Memorandums and investor subscription agreements
- Experience working with Broker Dealers.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating: 1) Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet, and 2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!