Lumen Learning is a young, growing company looking to add to our marketing-communications team and expand our capacity to support customers at institutions across North America. We seek new team members who can design, implement, and evaluate smart digital strategies that support our goals for growth, customer care, and retention.
We are doing something that has not been done before. We’re using technology, learning design informed by data, and openly licensed content to enable unprecedented learning results and opportunities for all students, regardless of economic background. In 2018 we have saved students more than $25 million—we have our sights set on one billion.
Every day our work requires creativity, discipline, drive, teamwork, and immense flexibility. Check out our company values to better understand how we embrace openness, commitment, creativity and generosity. If you’re a fit and if you want to work on something really important with other amazing people who exemplify those values, get in touch.
We offer a great benefits package including flexible time off, work autonomy, 401k matching, and health benefits. Lumen is proudly based in Portland, Oregon. This position is based in your home office and requires a significant amount of travel, > 50%, and a quarterly visit to the company office in Portland, Oregon.
As Digital Marketing Director, you will be an integral member of Lumen’s Marketing Communications Team, honing digital strategies and executing campaigns to support the company’s goals for growth, revenue, and impact. Across the Lumen Team, we work to increase educational access and student success. We measure our collective impact through the number of students using our open courseware, and the improved success of those students.
The Digital Marketing Director is part of a small, highly collaborative team that is attuned to our market and opportunities for growth. You’re tasked with developing digital strategies and tactics that achieve results, and ensuring these activities support Lumen’s impact goals. You work across the Adoption Team as a thought partner in designing campaigns and touch points that deliver on Lumen’s unique brand and value proposition. You are a key architect executing how our website and digital marketing tools support customers and move them through each stage of the customer lifecycle. You glean insights from digital marketing activities that help the entire team get smarter about what works and how to improve our effectiveness. As an organization that continually breaks new ground, we acknowledge we have much to learn, and we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do.
The ideal candidate will have more than three years’ experience using Hubspot, Marketo, or other marketing automation systems to design and implement marketing campaigns aligned with Lumen’s growth and revenue objectives. You’ve owned reporting around digital marketing metrics and ROI. You must be experienced in collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver high quality, complex human change and technology solutions within planned timeframes. Your communication and collaboration skills are top notch. Although digital marketing is your jam, you also have experience as a marketing generalist with foundational skills around writing and content creation, research, design, brand management, social media, PR, and events.
We are choosy about the people we ask to join us. We’re looking for creative and optimistic problem solvers who naturally collaborate, don’t require a lot of direction, and increase the diversity of the team.
- Reports to the Vice President of Strategy & Communication
- Works with Adoption Team leadership to ensure digital strategies accomplish company objectives
- Collaborates with colleagues across the Adoption and Product Teams to design and execute digital marketing campaigns in support of team goals for growth, customer care, and impact
- Leads website development and customer-facing digital communication channels.
- Plays a central role evaluating and improving the user experience across digital platforms
- Owns digital marketing metrics and key performance indicators, presenting results to leadership and recommending solutions
Support team achieving revenue and impact commitments
- Design, plan, and execute marketing campaigns and customer communication activities that achieve company objectives, product and regional adoption targets, and key account growth.
- Work resourcefully to develop and try out new digital strategies, campaigns, and tactics. Iterate rapidly to figure out what’s most effective reaching target audiences.
- Conduct A/B testing and actionable reporting around campaigns and digital initiatives, to inform decision making around priorities, ROI, and the customer lifecycle.
- Become an informed, enthusiastic champion of Lumen courseware products and how they support faculty members, students, and improved teaching and learning.
Create compelling opportunities to engage with Lumen courseware
- Improve effectiveness of digital marketing strategies and automation supporting each stage of the customer lifecycle: discovery/awareness, lead generation, lead qualification, education, selection, onboarding, customer care, advocacy.
- Create efficient, effective strategies for generating awareness and engagement with Lumen products in digital spaces.
- Use metrics, marketing data, insights from digital channels and customer engagement to help the Lumen team understand what’s working, what isn’t, and how to optimize our efforts to achieve impact.
- Architect delightful experiences that increase user engagement with key digital platforms.
- Contribute to Lumen’s success in achieving the our mission.
- Personify Lumen values of Commitment, Creativity, Generosity, Openness.
- Make Lumen a more successful, effective and inclusive organization as a result of your presence.
- Effectively manage multiple projects with effective cross-team collaboration in order to drive business growth.
- Identify issues, troubleshoot and solve technical problems related to digital marketing tools and assets.
- Pursue your natural sense of curiosity about marketing strategies and developments, to continue learning and improving on a field that is constantly changing.
- Monitor market dynamics to stay abreast of changes in customer needs, marketing channels, the competitive landscape, and growth opportunities, in order to ensure marketing activities remain relevant and effective.
- Where your responsibilities intersect with customer care, follow up promptly and accurately with customers to resolve issues in accordance with published service level agreements (SLAs) and protocols; record and document interactions, problems, and resolutions.
- Collaborate with other team members to identify and implement improvements in Lumen’s systems for managing customer relationships, processes, and overall customer experience.
- Seek opportunities for integration across digital systems and platforms, in support of a unified customer experience. In addition to Lumen courseware, systems in use currently include website (WordPress), CRM (Pipedrive), marketing automation (Hubspot), customer support (Zendesk).
To apply, send your cover letter and resume.