Founded in 2013, CrowdStreet’s technology solutions provide real estate investment managers (sponsors) a scalable platform for growing and managing a large investor-base. We are transforming real estate investing by creating universally accessible, transparent, and efficient markets. While our competitors are positioning themselves as online versions of institutional funding, we’re the only major provider delivering a comprehensive online funding and investor management solution. CrowdStreet’s platform extends beyond the fundraising of a deal to cultivating and growing lifetime value for the sponsor through building, managing and expanding ongoing investor relationships.
To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring a Senior Accountant, reporting to the Director of Finance, to support our team with operational and technical accounting expertise, sprinkled with data influence.
What You'll Be Doing
- Support “day-to-day” operational accounting functions including but not limited to creating journal entries, reconciliations, invoicing and AR collections, and financial reporting.
- Prepare supporting calculations including but not limited to revenue recognition and commissions
- Support year-end audit including preparing audit requests in a timely manner
- Research technical accounting matters as needed
- Support ad-hoc finance requests including financial and data analysis
- Support the ongoing scaling of the Finance organization by recommending and implementing process and system improvements
- Be the finance/accounting business partner to internal and external customers and vendors
What We Must Have
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting and/or
- 4+ years of industry accounting experience
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced user of Excel
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and demonstrated technical and operational accounting knowledge
- Nimble and able to adapt in a fast paced environment
- Motivated and able to work independently
Not Required, But Nice to Have
- Master’s level degree in relevant field
- Experience with commercial real estate
- Experience in a high growth technology startup environment
Working at CrowdStreet
Located in the heart of downtown Portland overlooking Pioneer Square, CrowdStreet is proud of our cool, open and collaborative environment. Along with great benefits, a fully stocked kitchen and a dog-friendly office, we offer the opportunity to be at the ground floor of a fast-growing startup with fun, smart, customer-driven people transforming the world of real estate investment.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating: 1) Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet and 2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!