Community and Customer Care - Sseko Designs at Sseko
Portland, OR, US
Sseko Designs uses fashion to create opportunity and community for women across the world and right here at home. From luxury leather travel bags to customizable footwear, Sseko creates stunning goods with an innovative business model that enables women in Uganda to attend university and pursue their dreams. Sseko products are sold by Sseko Fellows, a bright and bold community of dreamers and doers, who are using their passion and smarts to send women in Uganda to college and earn an income to pursue their own dreams.
What you’d do:
Here’s the deal: We are looking for an outgoing, creative, people-loving customer and community advocate. You will be the first line of communication to all our Sseko Fellows and customers, and you will build the Sseko mission through caring for our community. Every day we will expect you to help us dream big and take care of the people who have committed to growing with Sseko.
In addition to that you will:
- Oversee all customer service mediums of communication including phones, email, live chat and social media, and SMS
- Manage all Community Care for the Sseko Fellows (our sales team) including:
- Manage and create new systems and programs that extend Sseko customer service beyond an ordinary experience (i.e. surprise and delight ideas, following up with customers, etc)
Handle order issue management, including backorders, returns, exchanges and other issues
Assist Marketing Team with online store management (product upload, promotion codes, shipping, reviews etc.) and content management
- Office administrative support
- People person. Love working with people. Creative in meeting people’s needs. We love what we do and want to do it with people we love being around
- Positive energy! You sleep on rainbow clouds and eat (fair-trade) sparkles for breakfast!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, start and execute on your ideas
- Great listener
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong capacity for patience
- Ability to extend empathy
- Basic computer literacy is required
You will be a part of a young and innovative team that is pioneering the path that merges traditional business models with positive social change. You will have the opportunity to grow a company and develop a new model for doing business.
Hours and Compensation:
Not a Remote Position. Must be based in Portland, OR
Start Date - Mid January 2019
Hours: 35 - 40 hours a week (occassional Sunday hours)