We at Bright.md are making healthcare better! Our diverse, creative team work closely together to deliver software that takes a guided and async approach to providing care. We are looking for a Security Operations Engineer who’s excited about building a new approach to patient care.
You’ll be on a diverse and high-performing team that's making a difference, and we want you to enjoy it. We'll provide a compassionate, innovative, happy place to work, and encourage you in your efforts to become even better. You'll work with really cool technologies and we will value your ideas, recognize your efforts, foster your growth, reward your contributions, and celebrate success together.
You will have a technical operations or development background and familiarity with security and compliance programs. Our team works together to ensure our applications perform well, are cost effective, and remain secure. We need you to help us continue to grow.
What Will You Do?
- Extend our system security program and policies
- Work with automation tooling to implement security standards
- Review and monitor security events
- Be the point person for security and compliance audits
- Mentor and develop engineers in security best practices
What Experience Do You Have?
- A strong understanding of security standards, and their relation with compliance
- Familiarity working with 3rd party security auditors
- An operational background familiar with systems automation using tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- AWS Experience, especially infrastructure management products such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer, and Spinnaker
- Capable of participating in technical conversations and decisions as well as documenting the results
- A passion for continuous education in security.
- Experience conducting 3rd party audits for SOC2, HIPAA, HITRUST, or PCI-DSS.
- Experience with Data Loss Prevention tools
- Deep experience with AWS Services, especially VPC, IAM, Organizations, WAF, Guard Duty, and SSO.
- Network Administration with a focus on DNS Availability, VPC Management, and VPN Administration
What We Offer
A great set of benefits, including employee ownership through stock options, health insurance with premiums coverage, a Health Savings Account (HSA) program, pre-tax transportation dollars, and more. Our team also values fun as well as work. Many of us play board games at lunch, go on runs after work, or take work time to volunteer in the community together.
Ready To Apply?
Fill out the application below. Be sure to send a resume and cover letter. Let us know why you are interested and why you are a great fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.